• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

Bento Box

Reaction score
I had Spanish omelette last night. It's a little bit tricky to make but it tastes good (I think :p)

Here is the recipe:
3 eggs

- 3-4 potatoes

- a little pinch of salt

- olive oil
1.- Peel the potatoes and slice them

2.- In a big pan, put olive oil to medium heat. The quantity of oil should be enough to fry all the potato slices at once. You can also fry them in a frier if you own one.

3.- Put the potato slices in the hot oil pan and fry them until soft (NOT CRISPY!). You should 'break' the slices as they become soft and smooth.

4.- Once the potatoes are fried, take them out of the pan and drain. In the meantime, beat the eggs like you do when making french omelette. Add salt to the eggs.

5.- Put the fried potatoes in a bowl and add the eggs. Mix the eggs with the potatoes. You can mash the potatoes with the eggs if you want, that goes to taste too.

6.- in a small pan, heat a tbsp of olive oil in medium heat. Once it's hot, add the "egg+potato" mixture and cook in medium heat until it's done in one side.

7.- When you try to turn the omelette over, You will need a BIG plate for that. Bigger than the pan in which you're frying the omelette. I mean it. That's the most tricky part so be careful! Cook it on the other side and that's it. Your omelette should be round, bright yellow and smell delicious!
Don't worry if the omelette breaks while turning it over...
You can cook it until it's completely firm or just leave it half cooked on the inside, it depends on your taste. If you cook it for a bento i recommend it to be completely firm.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to a small French owned bistro in Seoul with the girlfriend:

English Pea Soup:

Poached Bass w/ shellfish and sauerkraut:

Korean "Han-U" beef w/ mustard sauce and potatoes:

"Floating-Island" vanilla custard meringue w/ caramel shell:

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Something about the beef looks delicious to me. The floating island looks like onion soup.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

changy

Reaction score
Went to Abe and Arthur last night. Despite being in Meat Packing, the food is pretty good. That said, the sweet potato fries and bread pudding were more memorable than the steak.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Relative to other shell fish choices I do tend to like lobster the least. Maybe it is due to the lobster itself or the cooking methods/skill of the chefs but I find the texture and "sweetness" of a good crab leg is better than most lobster tail. Shrimp texture is usually better too. Some of the best lobster I've had has been at sushi joints.

Texture wise I think it is really hard to beat crayfish.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Went to Abe and Arthur last night. Despite being in Meat Packing, the food is pretty good. That said, the sweet potato fries and bread pudding were more memorable than the steak.

I thought that this trend died the death that it deserved.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads