• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Stuff reminds me of the culinary olympics platters. I mean they don't do chaud froid anymore AFAIK, but their plattered hors d'ouevres and other things are that intricate and just gorgeous.

Last edited:

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing like old color photos of food to get the gastric juices flowing... I love the quails(?) in a family sarcophagus...

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Never had them, and never worked with/made aspic or agar, but I think it would be a good project for MM.

Last edited:

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chilled Celery Soup, Baby Fennel.

Purslane Salad, Seckel Pear, Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette.

Harissa Spiced Lamb, Charred Eggplant Purée, Honey Glazed Baby Eggplant, Mint Yogurt Sauce.

Last edited:

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
All sounds and looks great minus the honey glazed eggplant. I might have smeared the yogurt next to the puree rather than as a dollop on top of the lamb, but that is a niggling Styleforvm point. Nice work.

Last edited:

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's good that you are cooking more vegetables, but I think you may want to get a good book or two to give you some ideas that may make them more interesting and tastier. Judging by the color, the lamb is either under, or it is from an old animal.

Last edited:

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's good that you are cooking more vegetables, but I think you may want to get a good book or two to give you some ideas that may make them more interesting and tastier.

Might you recommend me one?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Collages & Recettes. Peterson's Vegetables. Vegetables by 40 French Chefs.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads