• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I made this last night, thinking I was going to cook tonight, but today was too crazy, so we had it before takeout pizza.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Tested some coffee and cabernet braised shortribs in preparation for a big dinner on Saturday. :drool:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I hope both are liquids in the braising liquid as a mouthful of coffee grinds is one of the worst things in the world.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
There is some coffee in the rub, but it's pushed through a sieve several times so it's as light as any other ground spice. It's a trick I stole from the cooks at Trotters.

Last edited:

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Corn on the cob, some bacon from the belly I posted in the mise en place thread, and this:

9ddbf1ea.jpg

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Who do I have to Paypal to get you fruitcakes to put some labels on these things? I think Max is the only person in this thread who's actually intelligent enough to know that people are going to wonder what the hell you're posting pictures of. Thank you Max. If you're too lazy to label your pics then just don't ******* bother. Ok? Jesus Christ on a crutch. Its like I'm dealing with a classroom full of ESE students.

I've had a bad day and am in a cranky mood so I'm going to drink now. Hopefully, the alcohol will help me figure out whatever the ******* is that Matt posted and why MarBear is drinking a glass of curry sauce with an ice cube in it.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i've always wanted to get someone to go back and try to reproduce food from different periods, done on a very high level, and see what they were like. years ago michel richard recreated an amazing construction by careme. it was dazzling to look at ... tons of spun sugar balls, imprinted sugar plates, etc. ... flavor was not so much. Keller is a huge fan of fernand point, and i tried to get him to do a point menu once, but he insisted that the point of point was not to be replicating someone else's food. still think it would be interesting.

Sounds like a great column/series. Yet again I provide you with great ideas.

My lady's employee and her roommate had us over for a dinner party. The girls are 23, so a dinner party meant us and about 19 of their closest friends, who were all talking about how nice and small it was for a dinner party. Anyways, the food was excellent, and all southern (they are from South Carolina). I thought I would mention it for MGM, in order to help him look down (south).

Were they preppy? ******* hell, preppy southern girls are the best. That's a scientific fact. If I didn't have morals and qualms about this sort of stuff, I would dedicate my entire being to "casting a wide net" shall we say, in Georgia Republican circles.

Invite me next time!

Currently, I have been looking east. As in Eastern Europe.

The parody continues!

Just cheese. We couldn't decide on anything else.

I've noticed that in the past couple years, after eating cheese pizza exclusively my entire life, I just can't do it anymore. I'll even eat cheap pepperoni before I go the just cheese route. Although I will still say it is the best pizza.

Last edited:

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Who do I have to Paypal to get you fruitcakes to put some labels on these things? I think Max is the only person in this thread who's actually intelligent enough to know that people are going to wonder what the hell you're posting pictures of. Thank you Max. If you're too lazy to label your pics then just don't ******* bother. Ok? Jesus Christ on a crutch. Its like I'm dealing with a classroom full of ESE students.

I've had a bad day and am in a cranky mood so I'm going to drink now. Hopefully, the alcohol will help me figure out whatever the ******* is that Matt posted and why MarBear is drinking a glass of curry sauce with an ice cube in it.

Mackerel.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads