• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
The circle jerks of mediocrity are worse than excessive criticism.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I :inlove: Tokyo Fish. I'd go more but Monterey's wholesale operation is a few blocks from my house. Have you been to Ippuku on Center St.? It's my favorite restaurant in the Bay Area these days.

I did not know that Monterey had a place in the city. I might have to have a look sometime. I do swing by their place over here, it is conveniently located next to the best produce store in the world and a decent butcher as well. The fish is always amazingly fresh.

And yes, I have been to ippuku, or at least I think I have. It's been a little while, maybe I'll swing by again, the missus has been needing a night out.

Tell your wife to take it easy with the toasted sesame seeds.

And she also should practice her knife work: so uneven, it's laughable. Seems like she's working with a very dull blade. Maybe buy her a mandoline as an anniversary present. Or, better yet, get her some beta blockers to help with all that jittering going on in her hands. Does she have Parkinson's or something?

Also, what's with the julienned spider leg garnish? Is it Halloween already?

Wives are off limits. Full stop.

The best way to show "respect" for good food is to buy it and eat well, not to stroke yourself while making ever more ridiculous creations. Why don't you grow a pair and get out of the house, maybe talk to a real women instead of spending Friday night stroking your fish.
Arrogant little wank stain.

Last edited:

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks that bowl looks like it would be rich and vibrantly delicious? I'd be very pleased to get that as a guest....

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, it was. And it's a very simple/ quick to make which is vital when you have two kids to feed, one of whom is just a year old and needs pretty constant attention. We had another version a few days earlier with Shiro Maguro and Tombo.

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Am I the only one that thinks that bowl looks like it would be rich and vibrantly delicious? I'd be very pleased to get that as a guest....

Nope. First thought was "damn, that looks tasty"

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
It's basically the best looking dish I've ever seen posted here.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Made some ravioli tonight with wonton wrappers. I made the filling by sauteing some zucchini, onions, EVOO and garlic. Has anyone ever done this before? I think it turned out really well.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

It's basically the best looking dish I've ever seen posted here.

Seriously? Even better than the Steatohepatitis of the Duck Liver?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Norcal speaks like a man. Wives are off limits. Full stop.

The bowl looks tasty.

Other than that this thread is taking a turn for the worse. Do not let it be driven by a third rate trust fund baby.

Last edited:

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a difficult time understanding how anyone could/would defend someone that goes after someone's wife and suggests that she may have Parkinson's as some sort of joke.

I can't imagine he would say that to a man's face

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
He was parodying the sort of criticisms thrown at him. He just chose to target a poor innocent. Just like that poor innocent quail he brutalized a few pages back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads