• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

similar to a dish I made not long ago (thanks, keller):
2688094500043813381S500x500Q85.jpg

I made this recipe with the tomato tartare a few weeks ago, but instead of beans on top, I put squid.

Last edited:

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

considering the NE tomato season doesn't really start until right about now, this makes total sense

Again, you're a douchebag. Though, I think this has already been established.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I was going to compliment the tomato/squid thing since one of my favorite dishes is a tomato and squid stew - but no, I take it back.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Purple Bean Salad, Red Wine Vinegar Cream, Raw Heirloom Tomato (for Manton), Chive Oil.

Spiced Duck Breast, Port Poached Fig, Fig Puree, Sautéed Foie Gras.

Brillat-Savarin

1 - those look like dried dog ***** on top of the tomato
2- the fig puree looks like wet dog *****. More seriously, if you are going to be very geometric in presentation, you have to be cleaner in how you do things. Also, stop with the dots. You don't use them well.
3- you have to get over the overly American "I need fruit with my cheese" ****.

Last edited:

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I am piling on (sorry) but I don't get puree with the duck. Is there any tradition for this? Seems like it's too thin/liquid to be a side but too thick/chunky to be a sauce. I am not sure what it's trying to be.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I am piling on (sorry) but I don't get puree with the duck. Is there any tradition for this? Seems like it's too thin/liquid to be a side but too thick/chunky to be a sauce. I am not sure what it's trying to be.

I don't think so. More importantly, it looks ******* gross and the idea of eating fig puree is not doing it for me.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
The basic recipe appears to be an adaptation of Keller's squab dish in TFL. If I were gome I would post the link and ... oh what the hell:

http://books.google.com/books?id=mk...&resnum=1&ved=0CDAQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

anyway, seems in the same vein but there is no puree rather a more traditional sauce and there is swiss chard. I have made this dish more or less as Keller says (only not as good obviously) and I liked it a lot.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Can somebody comment on the petrified poops sitting on the tomato?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score

I already have. It is not something i am familiar with and I don't think I have ever seen it. Purple beans?

Gome and I served our H. toms with buffalo moz, basil, sea salt and a little oil. Totally predictable but absolutley dellicious.

Last edited:

dacox

Reaction score

Whipped up some fish fragrant eggplant which is in the running for worst sounding translation for a food item ever.

It's usually the number one requested dish by my friends in Chicago when they want me to cook Chinese for them, but yeah, the name flows a lot better in Chinese.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think "no comment" does the job well. FWIW, I haven't owned a dog in years and had the same association to mm's plating.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics