What did you eat last night for dinner?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Fabienne, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

[Rambo]You're a professional chef Kyle. So is Matt for all intensive purposes. I'm a dumb schmuck who never cooks. All I see is a plate of green beans, garlic, apple slices, and field greens and I think to myself "why the fuck would anybody put all this shit together on a plate like that?" It just makes absolutely no sense to my plebian mind.

The second plate is a complete fucking mystery. [/Rambo]

2. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

Please share the book? I've been looking for good veggie ones. Would love to have something thaT incorporated meat mainly as a way of flavoring and garnishing vegetable dishes also. I know this can be accomplished just with plating but a specialty book would be nice.

I wasn't sure what all that stuff was either

3. randallr

randallr Senior member

Matt's cawk is for far down Kyles throat right now it makes me want to gag. C'mon, Kyle we know you love him. Heck, so do I. But what's up with all the bromance. Everytime Matt makes a poast, Kyle follows immediately with some sort of praise. Making me :foo:

4. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I praise everyone with food that beautiful. Sorry dude. Matt is a RL friend. If anybody else posted that plate, they'd get a similar response.

5. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

It's in French, so I hope that is OK. It's called Collages & Recettes. Little book, maybe 70 recipes.

6. randallr

randallr Senior member

It's not particularly this. I've been wanting to rag on you for a while but the forums were down. Matt is great in the kitchen, there is no doubt about that. But he could shit on a plate and you'd be drooling.

7. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

That's because he would plate it up really nicely with plenty of negative space and a multitude of colors. BTW I'm happy you have wanted to rag on me and have been looking for an opportunity. Very cool of you.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011

8. randallr

randallr Senior member

It's just been annoying me. You know I love you. If I'm the only one that feels like this I would be VERY surprised. The main issue I have is that these can't be satisfying meals. I've seen pictures of Matt and he's in pretty good shape for a 60-something. BUT, I know he eats a lot more than that. Call me lazy but I'm not going to make 5 servings of the same thing just to show off how pretty it is.

9. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I realize this as well. However, I just don't give a fuck. If somebody doesn't like me or the way I post, they are certainly free to put me on ignore. It'd be much more enjoyable for all parties involved than just bitching about it.

10. randallr

randallr Senior member

I don't think it will come to that. It's worth if for me to leave you off ignore because most of the stuff you poast is worth reading. Carry on.

11. itsstillmatt

Seriously? :confused: You have to be kidding.

12. SField

SField Senior member

I mean, based on some of the cock sucking that goes on in the clothes threads, I don't think Kyle is out of line. He's also working in an industry where the kind of thing matt does is more appreciated than how it might be by lay people. I don't know what you do for a living, but I'm sure that there is someone in your profession that does things very well and is the object of your non-sexual admiration.

Also keep in mind that matt courses out his meals. Typically he's eating more than just one plate. Also keep in mind that like much of France, he realizes that you don't have to eat more than the size of your stomach, which many americans do and is the reason for it being such a very fat country. Many people who grew up with a continental style of eating just eat less. As an upside, none of them ever worry about high protein diets or other bullshit americans have come up with to try and get themselves to not look like walruses.

13. KJT

KJT Senior member

I've got all the ingredients at home, so I'll give this a shot tonight. Your almonds are different than what I'm used to seeing. Are they fresh? This is what almonds usually look like to me:
    [​IMG]

I'll apologize to randallr in advance for my man crush on iammatt that causes me to imitate the dishes he cooks, but he posts food that looks delicious and elegant, yet approachable (other than that crab lasagna thing from a few days ago - that's out of my scope for the moment). I don't see food like that in the cookbooks that I have, or on tv, or even in a lot of restaurants, so those posts often spark some experimental curiousity. I want to see what that dish tastes like, and if I'm capable of replicating it. Same goes for some of the other recurring posters on here (manton, kwilk, piobere for the charcuterie and sausages, mordeci, b1os, even mm).

It's the question that really drove me to start cooking in the first place: Can I make what I just ate at a restaurant/saw on tv or internet/read about in a book, at home?

edit: why the hell is my whole post quoted? edit2: fixed it

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011

14. itsstillmatt

15. randallr

randallr Senior member

I am. I know you aren't 60.