What did you eat last night for dinner?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Fabienne, Jan 31, 2005.

1. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

[​IMG] Also, a bunch of other stuff, but no pics.

2. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Pork "flat iron" with honey mustard rub and black bean, bell peppers, chorizo and salsa salad.

3. oDD_LotS

oDD_LotS Senior member

Man, you guys are killing it with the pictures!

Tonight my wife made "sweet omelets", which has been one of her favorite snack/dinners for the past few months. Not sure if it's something that has a basis in any sort of cuisine or if she cobbled it together, but it's basically a thin egg white omelet stuffed with jelly and dusted with cinnamon. Tonight she did one with blackberry jelly and one with tomato jam. I thought she was high when she first told me about them, but they're ridiculously good.

4. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

[​IMG]

Also, a bunch of other stuff, but no pics.

I really like your plates. The aesthetics of the plate pattern go very well with the actual plating of the food.

5. PoppDRRT

PoppDRRT Senior member

French toast bagel, turkey bacon, Dijon habanero mustard, natural chunky peanut butter. Still drooling.
    [​IMG]

6. Alter

Alter Senior member

Man, you guys are killing it with the pictures!

Tonight my wife made "sweet omelets", which has been one of her favorite snack/dinners for the past few months. Not sure if it's something that has a basis in any sort of cuisine or if she cobbled it together, but it's basically a thin egg white omelet stuffed with jelly and dusted with cinnamon. Tonight she did one with blackberry jelly and one with tomato jam. I thought she was high when she first told me about them, but they're ridiculously good.

That does sound odd...but good! I suppose it is kind of like a crepe.

7. Alter

Alter Senior member

The photo isn't great but this pizza I just had at lunch was really nice. I recall a photo a few months back with a pathetic looking egg on top of a pizza...this one was perfectly cooked....though the crust could have used a couple minutes more. [​IMG]

8. DesertSolitaire

DesertSolitaire Active Member

The photo isn't great but this pizza I just had at lunch was really nice. I recall a photo a few months back with a pathetic looking egg on top of a pizza...this one was perfectly cooked.

[​IMG]

I think I'd need a nap if I ate that for lunch!

9. Alter

Alter Senior member

I think I'd need a nap if I ate that for lunch!

I only had half...but now that you mention it, a nap would be nice. [​IMG]

10. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

This is what we had last night. It didn't taste like much, but I thought Matt would appreciate the plating. [​IMG]
    The Emperor's new food looks great!

11. sanse

sanse New Member

12. binge

binge Senior member

Some sort of chicken vesuvio type thing.

[​IMG]

13. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

had a steak last night, tried someplace new. pretty good for this city. had a dry aged ribeye [​IMG] nicely cooked, very hard crust that I just can't get at home without a grill [​IMG] Restaurant was set up with a counter and a completely open kitchen space, Asia meets America kinda [​IMG] Had never seen fresh horseradish here: [​IMG] copycat side dish [​IMG] Koreans who actually know how to trim their asparagus (kind of) !! I was impressed [​IMG] the potatoes were well made [​IMG] Drank this with dinner, and it was quite nice [​IMG]

14. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

^wow those steaks look like 3 4 inches thick

where was this? i kinda want to visit now

were they korean cow meat?

15. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

It's down in Apgu, it's down next to Garosu-gil across from the old Hyundai apartments; in the back of that building with the big parking lot, I actually had this flashback last night because I remember going and having samyupsal in a tent in that parking lot about 12 years ago, and hadn't gone back since.

Meat at this place was all USDA prime, dry aged or wet aged for 3 weeks, grilled or pan braised, the owner was doing a huge 'fuck you' to all the US beef protests and he opened up in like 2009, because he believes in US beef. Supposedly he broke even on this place in the first month, and he's got like 7 guys in the kitchen, a few wait staff, fewer than 10 tables. It's a steak restaurant, so unfortunately it'll never go in the hall of fame for Seoul, but having been there just the one time last night has me impressed, it's a very good restaurant for this city. Price was outrageous, but what is new for Korea.