1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What did you eat last night for dinner?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Fabienne, Jan 31, 2005.

1. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

last night at Bar Boulud:

Head Cheese
    Oil poached cod w/ aioli and vegetables
    pasta w/ a lamb sauce
    cookies
    lots of wine

2. Yo-han

Yo-han Senior member

from sat, Charred scallops with panchetta, capers, tomato, pistou and marinated mozzarella. Steak tartare rolled in sesame seeds with soyfried mushrooms and tat soi. 350g bbq-glazed ribeye entrecôte with sherry gravy, some special "home made" katchup that was fantastic and bearnaise.

[​IMG]

today, three variantions of piglet, soured cabbage and cider sauce, very good
    [​IMG]

also had a bunch of ipas, some good but also trÃed a bottle of brewdog tokyo (no vis), will not try again.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. SField

SField Senior member

I don't get the naan comparison either. Completely different breads.

It was like a sort of gummy type of pancake. Not good.

4. Nil

Nil Senior member

It was like a sort of gummy type of pancake. Not good.
    Ok, that's a better description of it than naan. [​IMG] I still like it though.

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Going to grill some home made Italian fennel and caraway seed sausages with some home made coleslaw.

6. Alter

Alter Senior member

are those sausages, man? do you did sausages in cheese? that's what I was missing in fondue!
    Yep! Bread dripping with cheese, wrapped around sausages that are dripping with cheese. So good!

7. Alter

Alter Senior member

Going to grill some home made Italian fennel and caraway seed sausages with some home made coleslaw.

What's your slaw recipe, Pio? Creamy or vinegar-y?

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

What's your slaw recipe, Pio? Creamy or vinegar-y?

Mayo, white vinegar, Splenda, celery seeds, salt, Rooster sauce, toasted almonds, cummin. I just sort of play around.

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Had meatloaf made with Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout and that was doused in a Guiness based gravy at a local British Pub. Quite tasty. Washed it down with a SS Oatmeal Stout.

10. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

By the spoonfull or did you eat out of the bag like a Great Dane?

12. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

I mean, where I come from back home, BBQ is the local food, and all the bread everywhere sucks anyway, but it really is wal mart white bread that costs like 75 cents a loaf. That stuff sucks. Same idea as a craft burger, a nice bun would elevate that shit to a new level. /rant off

I like the contrast of tangy/smokey BBQ (which, lets be honest, still has some chew to it, even when its amazingly tender) and a sweet, soft bun.

OTOH I just despise crusty buns. Breads I love, but when you try to eat it as a sandwich, it lacks certain engineering traits that make it desirable. (Notably, the bun will have a DRASTICALLY different texture than the filling, which will result in unfortunate squishing).

Also I will have pulled pork tonight, homemade in an oven because I don't own a BBQ. [​IMG]

13. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

By the spoonfull or did you eat out of the bag like a Great Dane?

As it was part of a list of ingredients for a dish, wtf do you think? If you want to get back into insulting each other, not only am I fucking game, I'm very good at it and won't be pulling punches this time around. Step off or be ready for the nasty side of Piob.

14. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

Don't want to get in the middle of anything, but I believe that Rambo's jab was aimed towards kwilkinson.

15. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Don't want to get in the middle of anything, but I believe that Rambo's jab was aimed towards kwilkinson.

Kwilk was chuckling at my use of Splenda.

I do not want to mess up enjoyable threads but I've had enough of his constant jabs at me and am about to end it.

16. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

^since we're on sf a fit battle would be appropriate.

17. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I know these are difficult times Alter but I just can't get behind the idea of dipping shrimps in a hot cheese fondue.

18. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

^since we're on sf a fit battle would be appropriate.
    Being in the Social Life, Food & Drink sub-forum, I think a foie throwdown would be more apropos.

19. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

or a mis en place battle

20. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Being in the Social Life, Food & Drink sub-forum, I think a foie throwdown would be more apropos.

or a mis en place battle

I would be more up to a foie battle but I could do meez too.