• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
^ Noice. Wine pairing?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
iammatt, are you on Atkins?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
iammatt, are you on Atkins?
Haha. No, I eat tons of bread. By the way, we have been eating Bleu de Bocage a lot. Do you know anything about it? At first I thought it was Bleu des Causses, which I know, but this I do not know.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never heard of it. Is it creamy like a Bleu de Bresse or more crumbly?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Rabbit confit, rabbit aspic

photo19v.jpg

Agar agar aspic? Maybe Patterson will give you a job.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Muscadet L'Harmonie. Also piquillo peppers stuffed with goat cheese, sauteed calamari and octopus, and cheese. Now full. Off to buy a bottle of Armagnac.

What did you get? You shop at D&M?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Never heard of it. Is it creamy like a Bleu de Bresse or more crumbly?

Medium creamy. It's quite good, if you like bleu.

Originally Posted by ama
What did you get? You shop at D&M?

Yes, almost always at D&M. Great shop.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, almost always at D&M. Great shop.

Yes, they really know their stuff there and the clubs are a fun way to try different things.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
basic steak dinner at home, with Kinokuniya vegetables, the best Need more BTU's.
frown.gif
Had to sear the steaks in my Le Creuset marmite, which is not ideal, but it's the only thing that I have that holds some heat. before
31976_868678978360_15904009_47237144_116915_n.jpg
after
35587_869092903850_15904009_47255150_5209403_n.jpg

bestmann

Reaction score
I'm hoping this could be a perpetual thread, with everyone describing what they had for dinner. Then we could mooch ideas off of each other!
I'll start. Last night, I didn't get home till 9, and I wasn't sure if I wanted breakfast or dinner food, so I compromised and made a fritata at the suggestion of #cooking.

I cooked up some crumbled hot italian sausage, added some chopped bell pepper, then covered that with some eggs+cream (lightly beaten), then topped with cheddar and feta cheese. I baked it in the oven for about 20 minutes at 325, then broiled it for a few minutes to brown the top.

The night before, this was my dinner (as posted in Draccy's dinner thread):

Bacon-wrapped scallops in a white-wine cream sauce, served with rice, and baby spinach (which also had some chopped bacon)

And, this weekend, I had steak and potatoes.

The steak was cooked on the lovely charcoal grill (natural lump charcoal), and the potatoes have blue cheese and bacon

PoloPlayr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
Polo - was it the meatloaf thing with the braised short rib inside? Or something else?

No, this was a proper hamburger. I did see that they did serve one burger with pulled pork in it - perhaps this is what you refer to?

I've already booked a table there to go back.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bestmann
I'm hoping this could be a perpetual thread...

Yes, after five years and well over 4.5k posts, it would be nice if this thread were to catch on.

Last night was basically a salad. Reheated the asparagus I had sauteed off in foie grease on Sunday, reheated some smoked brisket from the freezer, and placed those on top of a basic baby greens salad with fixings.

Was feeling experimental, so put a warm weather Cab. Sauv. with it. Fruity and molasses. Matched the brisket perfectly.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Yes, after five years and well over 4.5k posts, it would be nice if this thread were to catch on.
Damn - you beat me to it! I will refer you back to : http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=180341 Going to C-town tonight... but with a Vegetarian. That may put a damper on my desire for a big fat peking duck
frown.gif

vintagestyle

Reaction score
Last night I grilled some chicken with Rosemary and ate it on top of cooked red and green bell peppers and onion and grilled tomatoes with a side of white rice. I washed it all down with a Jarritos soda, it was niice.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads