• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Roasted Chicken with mushrooms and onions with a cabernet reduction sauce (cabernet, garlic, onions, carrots, mushrooms, cilantro, rosemary, salt, pepper and a little butter, gently reduced until slightly thick and then strained). Side salad and a Sam Adams Cherrry Wheat beer.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, tonight on the way home from a day-trip I stopped at a biker bar in West Virginia and ate, I kid you not, a beer-battered bratwurst and Caribbean jerk nachos complemented by several bottles of Pabst. Does this make me a bad person?

Bouji

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
Well, tonight on the way home from a day-trip I stopped at a biker bar in West Virginia and ate, I kid you not, a beer-battered bratwurst and Caribbean jerk nachos complemented by several bottles of Pabst. Does this make me a bad person?

A real man, you are.

In London battered sausage is common feat. in 'fish and chip shops'.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bouji
A real man, you are.

In London battered sausage is common feat. in 'fish and chip shops'.

Is it just as disguting as the stateside battered sausage? I honestly couldn't think of a less appealing combination of textures. But, I guess...now I know.

Bouji

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
Is it just as disguting as the stateside battered sausage? I honestly couldn't think of a less appealing combination of textures. But, I guess...now I know.
yeah it's disgusting

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't it named Toad in a Hole or something?

I am just moving to the UK, so learning about the food.

The English seem to have lots of A and B food.

Fish and Chips,
Bangers and Mash
Bubble and Squeak

The list goes on

K

Bouji

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Isn't it named Toad in a Hole or something?

I am just moving to the UK, so learning about the food.

The English seem to have lots of A and B food.

Fish and Chips,
Bangers and Mash
Bubble and Squeak

The list goes on

K

No, Toad in the Hole is sausage baked in yorkshire pudding mix, often served with gravy.
Battered Sausage is different.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, Toad in the Hole is sausage baked in yorkshire pudding mix, often served with gravy.
Battered Sausage is different.

Ahhh, I have many things to learn. Actually, Toad in the hole doesnt sound so bad for a pub lunch

K

Bouji

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Ahhh, I have many things to learn. Actually, Toad in the hole doesnt sound so bad for a pub lunch

K

Although I'm not a fan of pub food, if I'm having lunch at a pub, Steak Pie is what I'd go for.
Where in the UK are you going to live?

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't tell me... a la Beaujolais... yucky...
tounge.gif

Some beaujolais can be surprisingly good, like a Morgon from Marcel Lapierre, given you like lighter wines: very fruit forward, carbonic maceration, sulfate free, the usual "organic" stuff.

!luc

Bouji

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Luc-Emmanuel
Some beaujolais can be surprisingly good, like a Morgon from Marcel Lapierre, given you like lighter wines: very fruit forward, carbonic maceration, sulfate free, the usual "organic" stuff.

!luc

I'll certainly try the Morgon. However, I wouldn't say I like lighter wines, what gave you that impression?

carlhuber

Reaction score
I placed a layer of diced cherry tomatoes and lightly sauteed spinach along with some smoked mozarella between two pounded-flat chicken breasts. Liberally seasoned and very lightly oiled, baked for an hour. Absolutely delicious. I wish I had more now, for lunch.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Although I'm not a fan of pub food, if I'm having lunch at a pub, Steak Pie is what I'd go for.
Where in the UK are you going to live?

Yes, I do like I steak pie to. I guess that pub food is bit of a novelty for me. When I was living in the Netherlands, there was no such thing for a quick bite.

I am moving to Oxford. Doing some graduate studies. Will also be spending some time in London as my girlfriend has a place on the south bank.

Will be interesting

K

Bouji

Reaction score
By South Bank, I assume you mean Lambeth Bridge sort of area? I'm in Belgravia, perhaps we can meet up for a drink when you are in town.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll certainly try the Morgon. However, I wouldn't say I like lighter wines, what gave you that impression?

There are a number of 'cru' Beaujolais, for lack of a better word, appellations: Morgon, Fleurie, etc. (5 or 6?) - nothing nouveau about these. Check out the producer Pierre Chermette if you're able...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads