• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon

... I'm also not sure if Katy's Dumpling does them. That place does everything very very well, so if they make Xiao Long Bao, I'm sure they're good.

love Katie's never seen long boa there. that is one thing that I miss.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
God bless you. I nom nom nominate you for fast tracked food picture sainthood.
And I'm slightly insulted you would think I'd own an iPhone.
laugh.gif
I did a firmware hack on the camera though, so now it shoots in RAW too which helps.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
YES!! Thank you for saying that. Who cares about the toppings. It's all about the meat and I can't believe this nonsense about gyro > shawarma.

I care far more about the meat, but the toppings on shawarmas are are far better. Chumus and tahini all day over yogurt.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like chicago gyros, I like greek gyros, I like turkish donner, I like german donner, I like mexican al pastor, I like swarma in israel or in jordan. all are similar but very different, and they all have their own value.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
I like chicago gyros, I like greek gyros, I like turkish donner, I like german donner, I like mexican al pastor, I like swarma in israel or in jordan. all are similar but very different, and they all have their own value.

group-hug.jpg

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
And I'm slightly insulted you would think I'd own an iPhone.
laugh.gif
I did a firmware hack on the camera though, so now it shoots in RAW too which helps.

Sorry man, these days it's just safer to assume everyone has one.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good looking eats, rube. I can't have a grille at my apt.
frown.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I have to agree, schawarma >>> gyro. I can't remember if I posted, but had some great Lebanese food last Friday, at Mazaar in Windsor. Did the Chef's Platter and it was great.

Tuesday night, Light Bistro in Cleveland. Best two small plates were braised pork belly and braised oxtails on creamy polenta:

DSC01314.jpg

Last night, Lola Bistro in Cleveland. Fantastic meal. I only snapped pics of the two appies we had, beef cheek perogies with beef reduction, wild mushrooms, and horse radish creme freche and the charcuterie of the day platter, which included duck breast speck (incredible), lamb pate, pork rillettes, and some other goodies:

DSC01327.jpg

DSC01326.jpg

Need to cross post this in the WAYdrinking thread, but a "Tango style" manhattan at....wait for it....the Velvet Tango Room:

DSC01315.jpg

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Beautiful charcut plate. I'm sure that gave you a bonar.

But is the portion size really only one pierogi?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Beautiful charcut plate. I'm sure that gave you a bonar. But is the portion size really only one pierogi?
One each. About triple the size of a normal perogie, filled with unctuous beef cheeks
smile.gif
Oh, forgot to mention dessert. Maple bacon ice cream. Yes, bacon. It was fantastic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads