• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What did you eat last night for dinner?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
I'm always amazed how just dragging a stick through some sauce takes it from looking like some nasty explosion of mayo to something visually appealing.
TWSS?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I'm always amazed how just dragging a stick through some sauce takes it from looking like some nasty explosion of mayo to something visually appealing.
What I've always wondered is why mayo gets attributed to "things white people like" when it's rampant in multiple food cultures, to include Japanese and Mexican, in very tasty dishes.

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ate a cold greenhouse tomato with mayonnaise tonight and it was awesome.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I've always wondered is why mayo gets attributed to "things white people like" when it's rampant in multiple food cultures, to include Japanese and Mexican, in very tasty dishes.
I’ve been making a lot of Mayo lately with the liquid from pickled Japanese ginger, fresh lime juice and coconut sugar or local honey.

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the way, In Japan, unagi has long been considered an aphrodisiac and “enhancer” of life energy, which to you I can confirm works on overtime.

vdubiv

Reaction score
I had some aglio olio pasta and made a cashew-based sauce. I have been trying to be vegan for ethical reasons (but was meat eater till couple of months back) recently. I have also been understanding that so many things that i used to think of as objective realities about food items isn't true. Been reading esp about the myths around water- it is the strangest things. Some cool concepts and controversies from all around the globe have been on my reading lists lately.
Don't understand why you would need a cashew sauce? or was that for another dish, aglio olio is simply olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't understand why you would need a cashew sauce? or was that for another dish, aglio olio is simply olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper.
it's a spam account

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.