• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What did you eat last night for dinner?

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The blackcap and raspberry tart was stunning. I love those little berries. I met a personal chef at a bar in Austin; he asked me how he could get my job. When I asked what he thought I did I got a good belly laugh -- he thought I reviewed cocktail bars. I told him what I really do and he was disappointed. I don't think he liked the family he cooked for, or at least that was the impression I got, and as you say, that's key. The kitchen does look beautiful. But my real question is, who handles the wine? Food like that deserves good pairings.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The blackcap and raspberry tart was stunning. I love those little berries. I met a personal chef at a bar in Austin; he asked me how he could get my job. When I asked what he thought I did I got a good belly laugh -- he thought I reviewed cocktail bars. I told him what I really do and he was disappointed. I don't think he liked the family he cooked for, or at least that was the impression I got, and as you say, that's key. The kitchen does look beautiful. But my real question is, who handles the wine? Food like that deserves good pairings.
Well, if Downton Abbey is and indication, the butler does the wine pairing and is in charge of the cellar.

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tonight’s requested dinner menu includes salad, sushi, shrimp, sole, Branzino, roasted quail with truffles, a ribeye steak, 5 different side dishes, a mixed berry cobbler and brownies with mint ganache. It’s fucking ridiculous and I deserve a medal of domestic kitchen honor.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm curious why you're making so much of everything? I assume its because the recipes are intended for that amount?

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
because I am cooking for a large group of secondary psychopaths
Reminds me of the customers in a pub bistro I worked at.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cream of corn soup with saffron; peach salad with prosciutto, a pecorino aged in chamomile, and lots of herbs from the garden -- basil, anise hyssop, lemon balm, bee balm and such. The peaches, which are of course at their peak now, with the herbs, cheese and prosciutto was really something. The corn has not been stunning this year and so neither was the soup.

The wine was Cuvee Des Seigneurs de Ribeaupierre, because I bought a half case for a song a few years ago. It was my last bottle and now I has a sad.

~ H

rishabhb398

Reaction score
Hey,

I ate Chicken Tikka Masala and Butter Naan which is also my favourite...
and yes had a beercan too :D

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.