1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What did you eat last night for dinner?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Fabienne, Jan 31, 2005.

1. jcman311

jcman311 Distinguished Member

How was the chicken liver ragu? Sounds interesting. Do the livers hold up during the cooking process or do they just blend into the sauce?

2. b1os

b1os Distinguished Member

It was really good. The liver seems to hold up during reasonable cooking times. From what I can tell after having looked at a few recipes, you're not supposed to simmer it for very long. Nowhere near as long as a regular ragù alla Bolognese or so, more like 10-20 minutes. Some leave the liver in larger pieces, some in slices, some in small pieces. I chopped them to relatively small pieces and ended up mashing some in the end.
    Also, in case you've never made it, make some chicken liver paté. Easy and very good.

3. Big Pun

Big Pun Distinguished Member

Ate at The Butcher and the Boar in Minneapolis last night. Was really good, highly recommended. Started with steak tartare, which came with a house made cracker like bread and some unique tasting pickled vegetables. Never had steak tartare before so I can't compare it to much but I'd eat it again. For an entree I had the NY strip, one of the thickest steaks I've ever had and cooked to perfection. As a side I had potato pave, which was like high end poutine. Artery clogging goodness. FOr dessert there was orange cake with many things on the plate offering a wide variety of flavors. Only criticism is the marmalade was a bit too strong. They also had the biggest whisky selection I've ever seen

4. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Distinguished Member

Palak paneer in a tomato & coconut sauce with basmati rice, lime pickles, coconut yogurt and papadums. Washed down with a couple of ice cold Corona’s.

Then mango & coconut tapioca pudding.

Perfect food for 34c (still) at 6pm.

5. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Distinguished Member

Mrs GF birthday dinner.

Quattro formagio stuffed zucchini flowers.

Rack of lamb with Paris Mash, and roasted cauliflower.

Grilled eggplant, haloumi, red capsicum and fresh basil.

For desert Ottolenghi’s Louise cake.

468F7FB9-2612-48B0-B657-E3B0089E7E08.jpeg 12A61F83-2E31-4B90-96C7-CF30C9022208.jpeg
    Washed down with a Pipers Brook Tasmanian Pinot Noir 2016 & Scotchmans Hill Bellarine Peninsula 2015 Pinot Noir.