1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What did you eat last night for dinner?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Fabienne, Jan 31, 2005.

1. VKK3450

VKK3450 Senior member

BTW, Tyler Florence came into the restaurant for dinner tonight. I don't like many Food Network ppl, but I think he's pretty tolerable. Anyway, the woman that came in with him tonight was crazy hot. All the cooks were pressed up against the pass trying to catch a look at her.

Tyler Florence = Good

Bobby Flay = Twat

2. hws

hws Senior member

I make roast duck with mango salsa after hear my brother make joke of advertisement he see on television with caveman for some insurance business. Was so good! [​IMG]

3. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

What did you do to that poor clam?

5. VKK3450

VKK3450 Senior member

What did you do to that poor oyster?

Looks like clams

K

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Looks like clams K
    Fack. You're right.

7. durstgt

durstgt Active Member

Seared triggerfish
    Couscous with tomatoes
    Bibb salad with homemade lemon dressing

8. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

What did you do to that poor clam?

I dunno, the people serving it did not speak a word of English. Super tasty though, all for $1.

9. Alter

Alter Senior member

[​IMG]

Ochazuke with raw chicken=yum.

10. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

This merengue/ice cream/jam/jelly man concoction was invented by a couple of friends of mine last Saturday. We debated whether to name it "Winter warfare" or "Retreat from Moscow": [​IMG]

11. cchen

cchen Senior member

Tyler Florence = Good Bobby Flay = Twat
    Bobby is actually a really cool guy in real life

12. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

I've always gotten the impression that he'd be a nice guy. And he can cook 95% of people who talk shit under the table. I just get kind of tired of the chipotle pepper/cilantro oil flavor profile on every dish.

13. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

[​IMG]

Ochazuke with raw chicken=yum.

Alter - interested in hearing more about this dish. How is the chicken edible rare / raw? (I assume it isn't getting any more cooked in that small about of broth). I have heard about chicken sashimi before, but probably won't be diving in any time soon.

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Alter - interested in hearing more about this dish. How is the chicken edible rare / raw? (I assume it isn't getting any more cooked in that small about of broth). I have heard about chicken sashimi before, but probably won't be diving in any time soon.
    +1. Sure didn't look cooked in the pic [​IMG]

15. Alter

Alter Senior member

+1. Sure didn't look cooked in the pic [​IMG]

Yup, it is raw sashimi-grade chicken. The only cooking it gets is from some boiling hot green tea poured over it. I can't really tell you about why it is edible but the thing about chicken sashimi is that there are only a few restaurants (usually yakitoriya, places that specialize in chicken) that even attempt to serve it and you have to trust the freshness of the ingredients and the cook. That particular place, I trust.

16. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles for lunch. kicked my ass and I did an hour of cardio to sweat all the grease afterward.

[​IMG]

dinner was just a turkey sandwich.

17. VKK3450

VKK3450 Senior member

Meh, I'll take your word for it.

(Actually I wont. In my mind he will be a twat)

K

18. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Cross posting from my superfuture cooking club contest, theme was chicken this week... It is: Paillard de Poulet en Croute Pommes de Terre sur (? something) Tabouleh au Genmai, Ume, Shiso, Kyuuri, Sauce ume (my French is not French) (Potato 'gill' encrusted chicken paillard, over a tabouleh of genmai rice, ume, shiso, and cucumber, with an ume sauce) [​IMG] closeup of potato gills [​IMG]

19. tshaw

tshaw Senior member

Dinner was shared with a couple of friends and part-time business partners -

ginger-soy marinated duck breast, grilled with a hint of oak wood; zucchini/summer squash saute with toasted pignoli nuts; fresh herb/lemon risotto; fresh from the garden cherry tomato/garlic/basil/gorgonzola cheese salad w/ a figgy/walnut dressing; finished with a frozen mandarin orange/pineapple cream torte. Dinner was served with a bottle of 1999 Tres Pico Grenache.

Tom

20. feynmix

feynmix Senior member

Had dinner at the Riccardo Trattoria in Chicago last night. After reading the raving reviews here on SF, my friends and I decided to try it out last night. Really good food, lively atmosphere but really laid back, and a friendly waiter with good service. Will come back again.