• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I have a feeling you tell yourself this every day.

Luckily I dont listen every day...

K

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bittermelon soup and a type of cole slaw like salad Vietnamese style. The only way I can describe it is that it is made of: shredded cabbage, julienned carrots, bean sprouts, thinly sliced onions, and shredded boiled chicken (I used leftover drumsticks) with chopped up cilantro and fried red onions. The "dressing" is called nuoc mam/cham which is made of: boiled water, minced garlic, fish sauce, lime/lemon juice, sugar, and chili paste. It was pretty good.

sixpaq

Reaction score
Northern Chinese from a local hawker place: BBQ lamb skewers, fried potato with chilies, and a scallion pancake. The bill was like USD 5.00 or something.

Yo-han

Reaction score
pasta with chicken and grilled peppers

3250689435_30cd755659_o.jpg

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheessus
Bittermelon soup and a type of cole slaw like salad Vietnamese style. The only way I can describe it is that it is made of: shredded cabbage, julienned carrots, bean sprouts, thinly sliced onions, and shredded boiled chicken (I used leftover drumsticks) with chopped up cilantro and fried red onions. The "dressing" is called nuoc mam/cham which is made of: boiled water, minced garlic, fish sauce, lime/lemon juice, sugar, and chili paste. It was pretty good.

um yum.

I need to try that

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Last two nights have been pretty bad for me.
Last night was a turkey BLT sandwich with some fries at the bar, with a beer, knob and coke, and patron silver.
Tonight was dollar burger night!! So a burger with mushroom, onion, jalapeno, and lots of hot sauce. And a beer.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bo Luc Lac, or Shakin' Beef, on a bed of slightly pickled watercress. Served with steaming white rice. Deeelicious....

dsc3041pp0.jpg

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
really good lebanese, in what is probrably the best resteraunt in Kuwait city. 2 shishas, I am all fuzzy this morning

The Wayfarer

Reaction score
I was going to make some pesto, but, half way through, I realized I didn't have nearly enough basil. So I decided to improvise, turning it into more of a cream based sauce over pasta. The results were rather fortuitous.

Anyone know what I may have accidentally made? It tasted pretty familiar.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Bo Luc Lac, or Shakin' Beef, on a bed of slightly pickled watercress. Served with steaming white rice. Deeelicious....

dsc3041pp0.jpg

My mom used to make that all the time! It was the only way to get us to eat vegetables.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tonight: roasted chicken, potatoes roasted in the chicken fat, chicken gravy, and a bit of rice.

dsc3047ll9.jpg

dsc3051up9.jpg

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ damn that looks good.

K

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nabe with ponzu, chicken and Udon
Washed it down with a cold half liter of Kirin beer.

I have that feeling that all is right and well in the world, also, I may be feeling the itis.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads