1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What did you eat last night for dinner?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Fabienne, Jan 31, 2005.

1. DNW

DNW Senior member

LOL@ Dark. Just showed my wife the pic of your bulgogi and she said you shouldn't have Rooster sauce there but kochujang sauce. [​IMG]

Btw, dinner wtfpwned last night. We were even thanked on the menu for the "Chef's Course" of foie. We sat with the husband/wife owner of the place and the owner of the winery that was hosting the dinner. Best (non-foie) dish was the home made oxtail ravioli. In-effing-credible.

Glad I took off work today. I was feeling tender, as we started cocktails at 5.

Well...thanks to your wife. I'll see to it that I have the kochujang sauce next time instead of my cock sauce.

Sounds like your dinner was 50% fat and 30% booze. [​IMG] Homemade oxtail ravioli sounds awesome! I love oxtail, whatever version it comes in.

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Well...thanks to your wife. I'll see to it that I have the kochujang sauce next time instead of my cock sauce.

Sounds like your dinner was 50% fat and 30% booze. [​IMG] Homemade oxtail ravioli sounds awesome! I love oxtail, whatever version it comes in.

She was just kidding...I mean, we use Korean nori for our spam musubi's [​IMG] She does want a brand suggestion for the bulgogi sauce though.

Yeah, I'm going to suggest to the owner the oxtail goes on the menu, unless it's too much labour cost (which I suspect it might be). It was the best dish there (other than the foie).

I was getting pretty hammered by the last course, the hangar steak.

3. DNW

DNW Senior member

She was just kidding...I mean, we use Korean nori for our spam musubi's [​IMG] She does want a brand suggestion for the bulgogi sauce though.

I tossed out the bottle already, and I don't recall the name. Next time, I'll let you know.

But it might've been this one, the bottle looks familiar:

[​IMG]

4. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Thanks. Might head to a market today.

5. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

monday night in Bogota beans, pork and rice. Wed in Sao Paolo, beans, pork and rice. both very different takes on the dish.

6. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Yeah, I'm going to suggest to the owner the oxtail goes on the menu, unless it's too much labour cost (which I suspect it might be). It was the best dish there (other than the foie).

I was getting pretty hammered by the last course, the hangar steak.

Shouldn't really be. Oxtail is easy to prepare, just a few minutes of work and then a long time waiting while it simmers. Whenever someone walks by, they skim the pot. Easy peezy. Plus housemade pasta dough costs like 2 cents a portion. So unless there is more to the equation, it shouldn't be that labor intensive.

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Shouldn't really be. Oxtail is easy to prepare, just a few minutes of work and then a long time waiting while it simmers. Whenever someone walks by, they skim the pot. Easy peezy. Plus housemade pasta dough costs like 2 cents a portion. So unless there is more to the equation, it shouldn't be that labor intensive.

Don't you have to pull the meat out of the bones though?

8. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Don't you have to pull the meat out of the bones though?

True, but if braised properly, the meat should come off easily and it shouldn't take too long, unless doing huge quantities.

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

True, but if braised properly, the meat should come off easily and it shouldn't take too long, unless doing huge quantities.

Man, I need to go find some oxtail recipes, and experiment this weekend.

10. jks279

jks279 Senior member

11. DNW

DNW Senior member

Man, I need to go find some oxtail recipes, and experiment this weekend.

This is where a crock pot or a pressure cooker would be a great tool to use.

What I like to make is an Irish beef stew, but instead of using beef chunks, I use oxtail. The gelatin from the tendon and fat in the tail really make for a nice mouth feel.

12. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

What I like to make is an Irish beef stew, but instead of using beef chunks, I use oxtail. The gelatin from the tendon and fat in the tail really make for a nice mouth feel.

Good call on the crock pot. I'm not sure what path exactly I'm going yet, but think it will involve browning off some tails, then simmering them with veg and wine in a crock pot. Thinking over some noodles or mashed potato.

13. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

Ribeye steaks cooked on the grill, medium rare. Angel Hair with some leftover pesto. Roasted Asparagus. [​IMG]

14. ClaretandBlue

ClaretandBlue Senior member

15. track309

track309 Senior member

Ribeye steaks cooked on the grill, medium rare.
    Angel Hair with some leftover pesto.
    Roasted Asparagus.

[​IMG]

something about this that looks so comforting.

16. VKK3450

VKK3450 Senior member

giggle... nice mouth feel...

K

17. DNW

DNW Senior member

giggle... nice mouth feel...

K

You know exactly what I'm talking about. [​IMG]

18. untilted

untilted Senior member

this is from earlier tonight:

thai chicken fried rice with home grown organic tomatoes, cucumbers, and parsley from mom's backyard.

[​IMG]

i cook for myself only.

19. DNW

DNW Senior member

Steak (the butcher shop was closed, so I had to make do with grocery store steak), roasted cauliflower and, in honor of President Obama's historic beer summit, Boston's own Sam Adams Boston Lager. [​IMG]

20. untilted

untilted Senior member

you ate all that cauliflower? damn!

i may do some vegatable roasting this weekend.

going to nougatine for lunch and flushing hot pot buffet for dinner on saturday, kinda excited!