Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What did you eat last night for dinner?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Fabienne, Jan 31, 2005.

1. DNW

DNW Senior member

[​IMG]

Skalogre, buddy, don't go off into the deep end. You need to find a woman who can cook for you. [​IMG]

2. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Skalogre, buddy, don't go off into the deep end. You need to find a woman who can cook for you. [​IMG]

If the job would only require cooking and no other womanly duties, I could make a career move.

3. DNW

DNW Senior member

If the job would only require cooking and no other womanly duties, I could make a career move.

Why? 'Cause you already pledged yourself to Conne?

4. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

[​IMG]

I had always been the one that would cook the more complex things in my relationships and when I was married, heh. Blame this on me shopping at a Japanese/Korean market and seeing all the damn packets of natto there. And maybe some mild psychosis [​IMG]

Why? 'Cause you already pledged yourself to Conne?

Wait. Should I be more pertrubed by kwilkinson's offer or the fact that he will make me share - with Conne???
    Woohooo, maybe I have finally hit bottom [​IMG]

5. Alter

Alter Senior member

[​IMG]

I had always been the one that would cook the more complex things in my relationships and when I was married, heh. Blame this on me shopping at a Japanese/Korean market and seeing all the damn packets of natto there. And maybe some mild psychosis [​IMG]

Hey Skalogre! Nice to see you around here again.

You are, indeed, a cracked individual. After more than a decade of living in Nihon with a wife and child that love the stuff I am still unable to enjoy natto. It is really disgusting stuff. And keep in mind that I am not adverse to some fish fallopian tubes, whale meat or horse meat...but natto? Reminds me of that website you introduced us to a few years ago:

http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives...ont_eat_it.php

6. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Hey Skalogre! Nice to see you around here again. You are, indeed, a cracked individual. After more than a decade of living in Nihon with a wife and child that love the stuff I am still unable to enjoy natto. It is really disgusting stuff. And keep in mind that I am not adverse to some fish fallopian tubes, whale meat or horse meat...but natto? Reminds me of that website you introduced us to a few years ago: http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives...ont_eat_it.php
    Hey Alter! Thanks! I was wondering if you were going to popup and mention that I am being a wimp and should man up and eat my natto [​IMG] P.s. I have also tried huitlacoche (the corn fungus - see that website) . Was actually rather good, although done by a decent restaurant here in town and not eaten straight from a can! P.p.s. fish fallopian tubes [​IMG]sounds terrifying I should probably mention that there are no pictures of the diseased corn on the chicken breast because we were out with the boss (had flown in from HQ) and would have looked a bit odd having my phone's flash suddenly light up my plate. Anyway, it was a decent restaurant and I thought screw it, when will I get again the chance to try something potentially disturbingly disgusting on the company tab?

7. Alter

Alter Senior member

P.p.s. fish fallopian tubes [​IMG]sounds terrifying

I should probably mention that there are no pictures of the diseased corn on the chicken breast because we were out with the boss (had flown in from HQ) and would have looked a bit odd having my phone's flash suddenly light up my plate. Anyway, it was a decent restaurant and I thought screw it, when will I get again the chance to try something potentially disturbingly disgusting on the company tab?

The fallopian tubes were...ummm...interesting. But not as good as the cod sperm sacs [​IMG] .

I agree with the idea of eating potentially dangerous food on the company's tab. If you become hospitalized you can claim it as a work-related accident [​IMG] .

8. DNW

DNW Senior member

P.p.s. fish fallopian tubes [​IMG]sounds terrifying

I think I had this the other day at a Korean restaurant. It's a little fishier than the rest of the fish, but there was some pretty good texture. I'm usually a innards person, so I enjoy all that stuff.

9. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

The fallopian tubes were...ummm...interesting. But not as good as the cod sperm sacs [​IMG] .

I agree with the idea of eating potentially dangerous food on the company's tab. If you become hospitalized you can claim it as a work-related accident [​IMG] .

[​IMG] I'll have to see if th\\at will also let me claim disability

But you, sir, are much braver than I am.

I think I had this the other day at a Korean restaurant. It's a little fishier than the rest of the fish, but there was some pretty good texture. I'm usually a innards person, so I enjoy all that stuff.

Eeeeek. But I don't like fish much so... what fish are those from usually, anyway?

10. samblau

samblau Senior member

I stuffed myself like a beast!

I went to momofuku noodle bar and had:

1. Two oysters
    2. Braised pig tail
    3. Steamed pork bun
    4. House Ramen
    5. 1/2 carafe of sake

Then I stopped by The Dessert Truck and had

6. Some pomegranate macaroons

Then we went to some bars where I had a high number of alcoholic beverages ultimately concluding at the Pegu club, which we closed.

Then

7. Two donuts at the Donut Pub on 14th St.

Why am I awake?

11. DNW

DNW Senior member

Eeeeek. But I don't like fish much so... what fish are those from usually, anyway?
    No idea. I just eat what they put in front of me. [​IMG]

12. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

I eat well when on my own... [​IMG]

13. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

14. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

shrimp and spinach risotto with mixed field greens, riesling, pumpkin pie, espresso and port wine

15. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

Found some lobster for $8 / lb yesterday, so bought two - 3.5 pounders. Broke them down to make three courses (butter poached tail with cabbage and bacon; guanciale-wrapped lobster knuckle with mushrooms and truffle sauce; and spaghettini with lobster sauce, peas and claw meat). Made stock from the shells and portioned for future use.