• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kids are funny like that aren't they? Our daughter will not take her bottle or her food unless it is warmed up properly, too cold and she refuses to take it, she wants it as hot as a baby can possibly take it. She actually clenches ******** and won't let us feed her. We had to show the daycare how hot to make it, they didn't believe us that she actually wanted it that hot. I can see that continuing in a way. Sometimes I worry we are creating a problem in the future by giving in to her pickiness

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
kids are funny like that aren't they? Â Our daughter will not take her bottle or her food unless it is warmed up properly, too cold and she refuses to take it, she wants it as hot as a baby can possibly take it. She actually clenches ******** and won't let us feed her. Â We had to show the daycare how hot to make it, they didn't believe us that she actually wanted it that hot. Â I can see that continuing in a way. Â Sometimes I worry we are creating a problem in the future by giving in to her pickiness
there are very few things that I give in to with my son, but I don't force him to eat anything he doesn't want (except for once, and I am not doing that again
biggrin.gif
) but we won't let him play with anything until he has eaten his quota of protien for the say. my feeling is, if he eats enough over the course of the week, he should be fine. and if he is really hungry and doesn't want to eat, he will usually make it up in milk.

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I worry we are creating a problem in the future by giving in to her pickiness
That is something we have struggled with. We finally came to the conclusion that a baby is not consciously manipulative, and left the reasoning for a later time, when we felt he could understand the why, the choices, the consequences. Now, we find gentle ways to have him cooperate. We seldom have discipline problems any longer, but it wasn't always so.

As for food, we never force him. We give him a few choices, and if he doesn't want to eat, we assume he's just not hungry.

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, when are we all invited for dinner, nice eats.
Well, if that was for my post, I should mention the dinner was at one of favorite BYO's in Northern Chester county, outside of Philadelphia, about 15 mins from us. We're decent cooks, but we've never made two different appetizers and two different main courses for just us. Now to answer your question, Chris, anytime is fine - just bring some Grensons. Â
smile.gif
Â
smile.gif
 and your sticks.
Everyone wants Grensons for dinner, I wonder, maybe......I could tour the country, eat great places, see great people, and have a lot of fun, just have to have one big damn suitcase....it would be like a travling trunk show for dinner and a movie....what a book I could write. Saturday night, I am actually going to grill some Bourbon Salmon from Publix, incredible stuff, have grilled portabella, some steamed squash, and a fine bottle of Sauvignon. MMMMM good.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There is an evolutionary argument for children becoming fussy eaters around 2-3 years. The idea is that it's an instinctual reaction to prevent the body from food poisoning, so the child sticks with what they know to be safe.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There is an evolutionary argument for children becoming fussy eaters around 2-3 years. The idea is that it's an instinctual reaction to prevent the body from food poisoning, so the child sticks with what they know to be safe.
I've heard that, although the counter argument is I wonder how many parents kill their kids during this stage
devil.gif
it mankes sense - I've heard that that is the reason for morning sickness, too.

PHV

Reaction score
(chorse123 @ Feb. 18 2005,13:17) There is an evolutionary argument for children becoming fussy eaters around 2-3 years. The idea is that it's an instinctual reaction to prevent the body from food poisoning, so the child sticks with what they know to be safe.
I've heard that, although the counter argument is I wonder how many parents kill their kids during this stage
devil.gif
it mankes sense - I've heard that that is the reason for morning sickness, too.
My brother is the pickiest eater on the planet. To this day he is perfectly content eating some good bread with water, no joke. Plain pasta, and he is in heaven. We were shocked to death when he once ate shrimp on British Airways. He is now 13 and has probably one of the blandest palates ever, and that is not for lack of trying. There is a ton of variety in our household and we love eating out at great restaurants. Most of the time he'll just stick to something very simple, or get a dish and pick at it and not eat.

johnw86

Reaction score
My brother is the pickiest eater on the planet. To this day he is perfectly content eating some good bread with water, no joke. Plain pasta, and he is in heaven.
And I hear he's eligible for parole next month.
tounge.gif

PHV

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PHV,Feb. 18 2005,13:55
My brother is the pickiest eater on the planet. To this day he is perfectly content eating some good bread with water, no joke. Plain pasta, and he is in heaven.
And I hear he's eligible for parole next month. Â
tounge.gif

Well, that is the running joke in our family. Tell him that he's only going to be eating bread and water for the rest of his life and he'd ask you exactly where the punch line is.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Chicken broth and water. A little bit of ice cream for dessert.

I hate being sick.

Tom

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chicken broth and water.  A little bit of ice cream for dessert.

I hate being sick.

Tom
Is it the flu?  I hear there's a pretty bad epidemic in France.

Last night: shaved beef sauteed with tricolor peppers, garlic, tomatoes, etc, etc, etc. Aged gouda and Bucheron goat cheese.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
last night, after a day spend sledding with my son my wife and I had a late bed picnic of Parma and Sarano ham, some very nice spainish choriso, some 2 year old guda and some french goat cheese with some apples, grapes and sourdough bread.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grilled chicken (1st time firing up the grill in far too long.)
garden salad
buttered toast

Wine was my last bottle of 1997 Stonefly Cabernet Franc (California). Excellent wine, but wish I'd waited another few years to open it up. The yummy "baby fat" fruit this wine used to have has faded away mostly, yet the tannins are still there, resulting in a wine that is best with food and would definitely be better with another 3 or so years of age.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stir-fried chicken with pea pods, garlic, and about 9 green serrano chilies, which was about 5 too many. I ate it, but damn it was hot.

The whole thing I covered with a sauce of chicken broth, ricewine, soy sauce and thickened with potato starch.

Does anyone else here routinely eat blazing hot food m,n and n like I do? I mean, I put hot peppers in my eggs in the morning.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads