1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What did you eat last night for dinner?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Fabienne, Jan 31, 2005.

1. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

You eat pretty healthy but I'd recommend more veg/whole grain. Try making like a wheatberry salad or maybe a quinoa rissotto. Maybe sautee some zucchinni and cherry tomatoes like Ramsay does. More color, more flavor and nutrients... I'd just try to add more colors to your diet in addition to the greens.

That's a good point. I'm mainly protein based, but almost all of my veg come from broccoli or green beans. I put some color in salads with carrots, peppers, etc, but not really in my dishes at home. Good advice.

2. King Francis

King Francis Senior member

Just finished eating scrambled eggs on herb-buttered toast topped with sautÃ[​IMG]ed shallots and shiitake mushrooms. Four eggs, whole milk, chives, grey sea salt. Simple and delicious, and a touch decadent. Sometimes breakfast for dinner is what hits the spot. Thank you, Mr. Ramsay.

3. SField

SField Senior member

Just finished eating scrambled eggs on herb-buttered toast topped with sautÃ[​IMG]ed shallots and shiitake mushrooms. Four eggs, whole milk, chives, grey sea salt. Simple and delicious, and a touch decadent. Sometimes breakfast for dinner is what hits the spot. Thank you, Mr. Ramsay.

You salted only later, right?

4. Alter

Alter Senior member

[​IMG]

The Paul Bocuse shop?

In Japan there are many branded Bocuse shops in department stores selling charcuterie, pastries, etc. The quality and prices are both high.

5. VKK3450

VKK3450 Senior member

I'm a fan of the white plate over the red/black for sure.

^^ racist

Last night I had roast stuffed pork chops with a sort of chopped mushroom topping. I've totally fallen in love with brining chicken and pork, its a world of difference. Brown rice and some courgette / zuchinni

K

6. Alter

Alter Senior member

I've totally fallen in love with brining chicken and pork, its a world of difference.

K

Agreed! I have had a recent brining epiphany as well. Haven't tried pork yet...that is next!

Dinner tonight was a creamy chicken stew with some brown rice.

7. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

^You'll love it w/ the pork.

Tonight is a rib-I with marchand de vin sauce. Also a couscous salad. Couscous salad has toasted almonds, red pepper, green onion, and dried cranberries.

The steak is mehhh. It was like... 3/4" thick so impossible not to overcook. The couscous salad is great though.

[​IMG]

8. SField

SField Senior member

^You'll love it w/ the pork.

Tonight is a rib-I with marchand de vin sauce. Also a couscous salad. Couscous salad has toasted almonds, red pepper, green onion, and dried cranberries.

The steak is mehhh. It was like... 3/4" thick so impossible not to overcook. The couscous salad is great though.

[​IMG]

Yes steak like that is kind of pointless. I mean when I was broke I'd just sear it and put it into a really really hot oven for 1 minute then reast for 5. It would come out pink and would be ok. I'd generally stew or stir fry shit liek that though.

No sauce?

WHERE ARE YOUR GREENS NOW!!!?!?!?!?!

9. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Yes steak like that is kind of pointless. I mean when I was broke I'd just sear it and put it into a really really hot oven for 1 minute then reast for 5. It would come out pink and would be ok. I'd generally stew or stir fry shit liek that though.

No sauce?

WHERE ARE YOUR GREENS NOW!!!?!?!?!?!

The sauce is there. Just lighting is all fucked up. Overcooked brown meat + deep red wine sauce makes it hard to see it, but it's got mushrooms and shallots too.
    No greens, bitch. Your advice was good though. This salad is tasty.

10. SField

SField Senior member

The sauce is there. Just lighting is all fucked up. Overcooked brown meat + deep red wine sauce makes it hard to see it, but it's got mushrooms and shallots too.
    No greens, bitch. Your advice was good though. This salad is tasty.

Why don't you throw in some sweet potatoes? You deserve some good carbs.

11. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Sandwich (turkey, Vermont cheddar, lettuce, spinach, tomato) with some really great spicy brown mustard.

12. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Why don't you throw in some sweet potatoes? You deserve some good carbs.

I thought about having some smashed sweet potatoes underneath the couscous, but I don't go through sweet potatoes enough to bother keeping them on hand. My little grocery store didn't have them, and I didn't feel like taking a full on grocery run. They keep so well, I should probably pick up a small bag next time I go to WF anyway.

13. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

No kidney's? I guess you are french... [​IMG]

Actually, the reason why it wasn't steak and kidney pie is because I happen to have an American husband who's not too keen on offals, so I don't want to impose it on him. otherwise, I'd be making kidneys more often.

14. dizzhizz

dizzhizz Senior member

lots of sashimi with copious amounts of soju. i eventually passed out, woke up to my colleague pouring me a beer, and then proceeded to get shit faced again.

15. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Tonight was just a gyros before study group. Really good gyros though.

16. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

Tasted lentil soup while preparing it, otherwise, nothing.

17. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

Actually, the reason why it wasn't steak and kidney pie is because I happen to have an American husband who's not too keen on offals, so I don't want to impose it on him. otherwise, I'd be making kidneys more often.

that's the good thing about pies - you don't know what's in them....

18. globetrotter

Finocchiona Salami with fresh figs and Honey
    Capon filled Agnolotti w/ diced ham, green peas, cream & parmesan sauce (half order)
    Saffron Risotto Monzese with sausage ragout/braised onions/tomato (half order)
    Veal Tenderloin Milanese - with arugula and grape tomatoes (half order)
    Mixed Wild Berries w/ vanilla gelato, chantilly & amarene Fabbri

http://www.riccardotrattoria.com/todays_specials.htm

best meal I have had in the US.

19. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

best meal I have had in the US.

You freakin kiddin me?
    I tried talking my parents into going there last weekend, but they opted not to. IDIOTAS!

20. globetrotter

You freakin kiddin me?
    I tried talking my parents into going there last weekend, but they opted not to. IDIOTAS!

we liked it better than va pensiero, and about 50 -75 bucks cheaper. very authentic