1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What did you do last night? (This is How We Roll)

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Matt, Mar 9, 2006.

1. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Hit the sauce with two co-workers, a little heavily, at a neighborhood bar. Heard drunken confessions of all kinds of near-infidelity.

2. tiger02

tiger02 Senior member

Smoked a hookah for the first time, thoroughly enjoyed it. Not 100% sure I'm going to pass my next piss test, but the dude definitely claimed it was spearment tobacco. Sure didn't feel like any tobacco I have smoked before.

Tom

3. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

Hookah tobacco is different from other kinds of tobacco. Cigar, commercial cigarettes, loose leaf tobacco, all are rather distinctive, too. Shisha tobacco is by far the least offensive especially in the flavoured varieties - it is quite tasty and provides a nice lightheaded effect. I doubt it was laced with anything else, because anything decent costs more money than tobacco.

4. tiger02

tiger02 Senior member

Yeah, that sounds about right. Once I get home I'm going to have to find a jazz club or something that offers hookah service. Would have been great with a nice beer and some live music.

Tom

5. VMan

VMan Senior member

F this, 4th night that I struck out in a row, 'tis very sad and ashaming, I need to step up my game I suppose....

6. freakseam

freakseam Senior member

7. Matt

Matt Senior member

F this, 4th night that I struck out in a row, 'tis very sad and ashaming, I need to step up my game I suppose....
    what happened dude? how didnt you roll?

8. VMan

VMan Senior member

what happened dude? how didnt you roll?
    I did not roll with fly hunnies. I did, however, drink a liter of cheap whiskey and some beers from 4:30pm to 6am and am paying for it now. I was at a good friend's party, it was a lot of fun because there were about 40 people there who were all pretty good friends. This one girl was flirting with me there, making out with me outside, etc. She was decent, I definitely had the ol' beer goggles on, but she was attractive. She kept asking me to take her home, which I think sort of led me to not want to. I was having mixed feelings about it - seemed too easy - and my friend ended up scooping her away as I was going to walk her home. Then got back to my house at around 3:15 am and my downstairs neighbors were having a party. Drunk girl down there was flirting with me hardcore, and passed out in my housemate's bed. He did not want her there, and told me to take her upstairs. Seemed wrong and pretty shady, so I did not comply. Then twice earlier in the week, there had been small parties at my house, and I had met some cool girls. We had talked a lot, and things were going well, but both ended up sleeping with the housemates because they knew them for a few years, and knew me for just one night. Tonight's a brand new night.

9. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I did not roll with fly hunnies. I did, however, drink a liter of cheap whiskey and some beers from 4:30pm to 6am and am paying for it now.

I was at a good friend's party, it was a lot of fun because there were about 40 people there who were all pretty good friends. This one girl was flirting with me there, making out with me outside, etc. She was decent, I definitely had the ol' beer goggles on, but she was attractive. She kept asking me to take her home, which I think sort of led me to not want to. I was having mixed feelings about it - seemed too easy - and my friend ended up scooping her away as I was going to walk her home. Then got back to my house at around 3:15 am and my downstairs neighbors were having a party. Drunk girl down there was flirting with me hardcore, and passed out in my housemate's bed. He did not want her there, and told me to take her upstairs. Seemed wrong and pretty shady, so I did not comply. Then twice earlier in the week, there had been small parties at my house, and I had met some cool girls. We had talked a lot, and things were going well, but both ended up sleeping with the housemates because they knew them for a few years, and knew me for just one night.

Tonight's a brand new night.

Sounds like fun, BUT I'm very weary of sex without knowing at least SOME sexual history. I have known people with AIDS / that have AIDS and I rather play it safe than sorry. If this makes me a party pooper, then so be it. At least I'll be a live party pooper.

Jon.

10. Matt

Matt Senior member

well theres a post to bring the sun right out Jon...a partypooper with balls like watermelons no doubt

last night, dinner with the board of directors of the company, led to me being made a partner and given a payrise of around 30%.

woohoo

11. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

well theres a post to bring the sun right out Jon...a partypooper with balls like watermelons no doubt

last night, dinner with the board of directors of the company, led to me being made a partner and given a payrise of around 30%.

woohoo

Congrats Mat!

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

woohoo

Yeah, congratulations Mat. Your raise is probably higher than my salary, but hey, no bitterness here [​IMG]

13. tiger02

tiger02 Senior member

I did not roll with fly hunnies. I did, however, drink a liter of cheap whiskey and some beers from 4:30pm to 6am and am paying for it now. I was at a good friend's party, it was a lot of fun because there were about 40 people there who were all pretty good friends. This one girl was flirting with me there, making out with me outside, etc. She was decent, I definitely had the ol' beer goggles on, but she was attractive. She kept asking me to take her home, which I think sort of led me to not want to. I was having mixed feelings about it - seemed too easy - and my friend ended up scooping her away as I was going to walk her home. Then got back to my house at around 3:15 am and my downstairs neighbors were having a party. Drunk girl down there was flirting with me hardcore, and passed out in my housemate's bed. He did not want her there, and told me to take her upstairs. Seemed wrong and pretty shady, so I did not comply. Then twice earlier in the week, there had been small parties at my house, and I had met some cool girls. We had talked a lot, and things were going well, but both ended up sleeping with the housemates because they knew them for a few years, and knew me for just one night. Tonight's a brand new night.
    Eh, add a knife and it'll make a good story...

Congrats Matt, that's what, 10 new suits and 2 motorcycles?

14. Histrion

Histrion Senior member

I took it cool tonight. Went to my university's pub and drank 3 or 4 beers with an old pal from my hometown. Of course, this evening included a drunk chick from my hometown who couldn't stop hanging around me. She was too drunk for me to pay any heed though... When she tried to speak Spanish (she isn't Spanish and I am not either) was just too much to bear.

15. Stuttjukken

Stuttjukken Well-Known Member

At work last night, and I saw how other people roll. I´m a busdriver.

16. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Went out with J, Mnemonic, and a few other friends to V for Vendetta. Ran up to the local beer/pinball/hotdogs place and J and I had a quick Irish car bomb before the movie. Afterwards, chilled at a friend's house for a while. Now I will fall asleep on J's couch.

17. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

At work last night, and I saw how other people roll. I´m a busdriver.

I rolled in Bergen for a summer. It's great! Although I often rolled in torrential rain. Jeg elsker Norge! (the grammar has to be totally off there.)

Anyway, fighting off a cold. Wife sick. Even downgraded to basic cable. Did not roll last night. Will now go watch Napoleon Dynamite on the Netflicks DVD.

18. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I rolled in Bergen for a summer. It's great! Although I often rolled in torrential rain. Jeg elsker Norge! (the grammar has to be totally off there.)

Anyway, fighting off a cold. Wife sick. Even downgraded to basic cable. Did not roll last night. Will now go watch Napoleon Dynamite on the Netflicks DVD.

Vote for Pedro.

Jon.

19. visionology

visionology Senior member

Wow had a great time last night.

First started off over a friends house watching Uconn pull off a come from behind victory and nearly give us a heart attack.

We thought the night we be horrible because most of our plans with other people were not panning out. Friends were deciding to stay in, some go to different spots, etc. We decided to just go to New Haven the two of us and go to Playwright Irish Pub in New Haven. This isn't your normal pub, it has a large bar out front, another one upstairs, and a large dance floor connected to the bottom. It has a nice interior with wooddetails throughout, however the bathrooms were rediculously small (there was a line for the men's bathroom!) and the bartenders were way understaffed for a large event.

We arrived in the extremely cold weather and found a HUGE line out the door and it was packed inside. We waited for seemingly ever to get drinks and decided to get double drinks to save wait time. We then hit the dance floor and found a small floating table in the middle. We decided to down our drinks quick and then go get 2 more to get the night started. Vodka Tonics and Redbulls were pretty much the staple of the night. After that we decided to go through the dance floor and see what we could find. I started first with a gorgeous latina and I was with her for a good portion of the night. My friend found this other chica and danced with her for most of the night. Another friend came in later and we caught up with him on the floor. The latina had to leave a bit early because of her friend so we parted ways, I hit the dance floor and danced the rest of the night till closing. We ended the night off with breakfast at Denny's of all places since it was open all night.

Thus ended a successful St. Patrick's Day night.

20. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Sounds like good times all around.

Last night... worked on a proposal a few extra hours. Afterwards, went to a solid mex restaurant in Baltimore, Blue Agave. Light crowd; all the St. Paddy's partyers were around the corner at more ethnically appropriate venues. Specials on beer and anything green (margaritas are green). Few fish tacos (not green), few margaritas, few negro modelos. For dessert, a flight of tequilas: small snifters of Plata, Reposado, and Anejo from El Tesoro. Delicious. Retired to bar for more negro modelo. Witnessed a drunk dude walk in, take people's food, call the bartender a black fag, get the bum's rush, alternately try to order shots and threaten to fight while being carried through the bar. Bartenders returned from tossing dude, offered a round of shots on the house. Had a designated driver, and did not get stopped at any checkpoints. Bed by 2am.

Today: back in the office [​IMG]