What did you do last night? (This is How We Roll)

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Matt, Mar 9, 2006.

1. whacked

whacked Senior member

^ what [email protected] said. You prepare for the worst, but don't let it lead you where you don't want to be. Or vice versa.

2. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Condolences.

3. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Deepest condolences in your time of loss.

4. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

LK, Kent, thanks for your thoughts.

All your expressions of sympathy have helped lift my spirits a bit today. Thanks.

5. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

NR, deepest condolences.

6. Alter

Alter Senior member

NR, if I can offer some advice here...the trouble with the distance is that you can sidestep around what is humanly necessary...to grieve. It is a healthy process...despite how painful it can be. Put yourself into the right place, not to avoid dealing with the loss, but to face it.

I know it seems that there is not a lot you can do but being around other people that are feeling her loss may be wise.

Preach over...I hope you can understand that it is written with the utmost respect and best wishes.

7. Nantucket Red

Alter, believe me, I understand this. Once this week is over, I have 11 days of vacation and won't have to put on a brave face. For the time being, it's been helpful to be around people while the impact of it slowly sinks in.

8. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

NR,

my deepest condolences.

9. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

I cannnot deal with female drama.

From about 10-12, I was playing cards in my buddy's room. The girl I've been porking came with some friends and could not keep her hands off of me. I was trying to play poker so this was incredibl annoying to begin with; annoying, but hot. Made the Conneman horny.

After midnight we retreated next door to my room and did the deed. A while after, she started acting weird (she was fukcing slammed) and all needy. Tried to give me a BJ but seeing as I had just had sex it wasn't teh right time. I asked er gently to stop and she started crying. Cue 3 fucking hours of drama, including "ou just want me as a fuckbuddy", "i thought i meant something to you", "i am so sorry for meaning nothing to you", etc. etc. etc.

after all kinsd of back and forth ("Maybe we can talk again in a few weeks, as friends) she calls me like 7 times in a row. "baby i'm so sorry, i can't wait to see you tomorrow, i am falling in love with you, etc."

Good god I Need another bourbon right now.

10. West24

West24 Senior member

maybe its time for you to break it off with her. you know fuck buddies only work if both dont have feeings for each other. you should tell her how it really is and stop sleeping with her because she clearly has feelings for you and its just messin with her.

11. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

Sincere condolences, NR.

12. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

maybe its time for you to break it off with her. you know fuck buddies only work if both dont have feeings for each other. you should tell her how it really is and stop sleeping with her because she clearly has feelings for you and its just messin with her.

+1. Sage advice here Mike.

Mutual fuckbuddiness is all well and good, but that's obviously not the case here. You need to nip it in the bud before you cause her pain and yourself undue stress.

13. Brad

Brad Senior member

NR, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. I unexpectedly lost my dad to a heart attack during the third week of my first semester of law school. He was 59. Putting on your brave face can be very trying.

14. Nantucket Red

RJ, Brad,

Thanks so much for your thoughts. Simple expressions like this have been quite helpful in getting me through this so far. I really appreciate it.

Now, it would be nice to let this thread get back on track to being a party thread again.

15. CTGuy

CTGuy Made Guy

RJ, Brad,

Thanks so much for your thoughts. Simple expressions like this have been quite helpful in getting me through this so far. I really appreciate it.

Now, it would be nice to let this thread get back on track to being a party thread again.

NR-- very sorry. I lost my Dad when I was 19 and something a professor said to me afterwards has always stuck with me: "It's a terrible shock when you lose a parent no matter what your age."

Hope you're doing alright buddy.