What did you do last night? (This is How We Roll)

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Matt, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Precisely what's wrong with electronic music today.

2. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Precisely what's wrong with electronic music today.

?

Jon.

3. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

He is probably referring to things like table service, bottles, Champagne and VIP rooms. I've never been to a "club", only bars, so I would not know.

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

He is probably referring to things like table service, bottles, Champagne and VIP rooms. I've never been to a "club", only bars, so I would not know.

Well, you can only get into this "˜VIP' room (I call it that for lack of a better term) if you are a guest of the DJ. Aren't VIP rooms areas more appropriately a complaint regarding clubs than of the music itself?

Jon.

5. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

I liked Thievery Corporation better before I went to 18th St Lounge.

6. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Well, you can only get into this "˜VIP' room (I call it that for lack of a better term) if you are a guest of the DJ. Aren't VIP rooms areas more appropriately a complaint regarding clubs than of the music itself?

Jon.

I suppose, but anybody who has met me in person could attest to the fact that discussing clubs without brass polls with me is an exercise in futility.

7. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I suppose, but anybody who has met me in person could attest to the fact that discussing clubs without brass polls is an excercise in futility.

Ah, well then you will be happy to know that this club has no less than 6 elevated polls onto which scantily clad women (the clubs' uniform for chicks is a red plaid ultra-short skirt, knee-high black socks and an insanely tight white shirt, tied to allow for a perfect view of a toned midriff) dance on all night. It's fun for the whole family.

Jon.

8. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Did you pick up any cute guys Jon?

9. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Did you pick up any cute guys Jon?

Here, I'll save you the trouble: [​IMG]

What did you Saturday night, Conne? Was it exciting or did it end typically with you staring at the bottom of an empty bottle, in your room, alone?

Jon.

10. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

11. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

girls, girls. Remember what you learned in finishing school.

That on SF people will troll you because they have no lives and have nothing better to do?

Jon.

Ed, you would have liked the chicks outfits...especially the material, or lack thereof of the skirts.

12. lost in va

lost in va Senior member

13. Matt

Matt [email protected]

busy one....

it is Lunar New Year time, meaning Vietnam is pretty much closed at the moment. Me and about 20 of my friends are doing a Vespa tour. Most of them are going all the way to Hanoi (~3000km since it will be almost all backroads), 4 of us came as far as Nha Trang, which is a resort town.

First day, went to Vung Tau. Pretty clean drive in, few mechanical issues for some of the boys, my Vespa handled it pretty easily though. Lunch/dinner/drinks in Vung Tau. Drank a lot, wasnt feeling it. Took two tokes of a joint and it brought all the alcohol to the fore....I was a sofa bound blob after that. Went n slept.

Day 2 - Vung Tau to Mui Ne. Beautiful day of riding. Coast road the whole way. Stopped at some hot springs for lunch. My bike was basically fine, but one ceased up pretty badly, so we had some shuffling to do. I drove a single seat Lambretta for most of the day. Stayed in a nice-enough resort. Few drinks around the pool etc.

Day 3 - Mui Ne to Nha Trang. First part of the drive was gorgeous - through massive sand dunes. Then we reached the highway, which was hell. Crazy traffic, heavy winds. Was not fun. Last part of the drive (in from Cam Ranh) is one of the best roads in VN. Clifftop ride. Gorgeous.

Few drinks, Fri night but mostly we just wanted to sleep, so were back by 12. Saturday we went out to these rock pool waterfalls. Awesome fun jumping off the cliffs etc. Went out at night...big one. Started at a bar called Guava, went to another bar called Louisiane, which ended up with various people in our travelling party being thrown in the pool, and ultimately out of the bar. Went next door to the Sailing Club, which was having an insane beach party. Thailand-style arrangement. I was talking to some mad hot girl, and temptation was creeping in, until I found out from my mate's wife that she was 17. I fled. Home at about 4. Phone woke me up at 7.30, most of the boys going on to Buon Me Thuat today, but I am staying here for 2 more days.

Fun trip.

14. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Speent all night trying t o attract new girls to the sorority. For a while I was working the beverage area and II was reallly drunk. For some time they enlisted me in the concierge area. Good luck folks,

15. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

Went out to dinner, and then saw There Will Be Blood. A relaxed evening, it was good.