• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what current staples were "trendy" in the last few years

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm curious about the fine line between good and bad trend but i've been trying to think of "trends" that turned into staples of fashion to which i can't recollect, slim jeans maybe opposed to painted on skinnys

i've got a pretty good memory of the bad ones though
trucker hats
tattoo graphics (von dutch)
crocs
tattoo graphics again
decorative back pockets

EDIT: seems the title needs to be re-iterated to some people what current staples were "trendy" in the last few years

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaychiz
i'm curious about the fine line between good and bad trend but i've been trying to think of "trends" that turned into staples of fashion to which i can't recollect, slim jeans maybe opposed to painted on skinnys

i've got a pretty good memory of the bad ones though
trucker hats
tattoo graphics (von dutch)
crocs
tattoo graphics again
decorative back pockets

I think you may have mis-defined the word "staple." No one includes any of those in their daily wardrobe.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the title you were looking for is, "name stupid ******* trends in clothing not worth talking about at any length" and you did so quite well, so I think we are done here.

and Von Dutch isn't "tattoo graphics"

aerether

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaychiz
i've got a pretty good memory of the bad ones though trucker hats tattoo graphics (von dutch) crocs tattoo graphics again decorative back pockets
Learn to read, guys. EDIT: To be fair, it's kind of unclear whether you mean that these are now "staples." Maybe for the the vast majority.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aerether
Learn to read, guys.

EDIT: To be fair, it's kind of unclear whether you mean that these are now "staples." Maybe for the the vast majority.

He still misused the word staples. badly. It's still simply a poorly titled thread listing stupid fashion trends for tweens and twenty something douchebags.

He covered them all. end thread.

centrix

Reaction score
ed hardy, another rather bad one

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by centrix
ed hardy, another rather bad one

Will go down in history as one of the worst brands/biggest fvcking sell out of all time.

Their stuff makes my eyes bleed.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i listed bad ones, it says i remembered the bad ones

i'm asking what trends stood the test of time when the bad ones died

friday night douches

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spencer
Will go down in history as one of the worst brands/biggest fvcking sell out of all time.

Their stuff makes my eyes bleed.

quick note, Audigier in involved with that, and Von Dutch and Affliction, that no talent ponce

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Henleys and military shirts are things that maybe have been trendy for the last two or so years that I think should become staples.

I quite like henleys and mil *****, despite the fact they're quite underrepresented in my own wardrobe.

JackTheRipper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
Henleys and military shirts are things that maybe have been trendy for the last two or so years that I think should become staples.

I quite like henleys and mil *****, despite the fact they're quite underrepresented in my own wardrobe.

Just thought I'd point out your love for mill feces.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads