• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What criticism do you have about this knitted scarf?

Expressions Realia

Reaction score
I don't see too much to say about it. It's nice, it's knit. It's lambswool. If it's affordable for you, snag it. The dimensions look large enough. Although not in that royal blue. (hurting my eyes)

Edit: Hmm... what's up with the ends of the scarf? Sorta looks like it was made from a sweater. I hope they ends aren't open or else my suspicions will increase.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It kinda looks like a huge sock.

in stitches

Kung Joo
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
not into it sorry

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's ugly, and it's hard to go wrong with a scarf.

Also, J Crew had it on sale, not sure if they still do. I think it was something like $70. Even at that price though, it seems like a terrible buy.

Merlino

Reaction score
Colour: ugly Price: too high Length: too short (why must all men's scarves be so damn short??)

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Merlino
Colour: ugly
Price: too high
Length: too short (why must all men's scarves be so damn short??)

Do you like it or not?

Merlino

Reaction score
Heh!
Well actually, I like the weave and, contrary to some here, the ends. But the colour is a disaster and I'd never buy it at that price. Length is a problem, but that's something most if not all men's scarves suffer from.

Eustace Tilley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yawn

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Expressions Realia
If it's affordable for you, snag it.

Deliberately snagging a knit scarf is always a bad idea.

trader

Reaction score
looks like something a 5 year old boy would wear

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It depends on what temperatures and for how long you'll be exposed to cold weather.
Knit scarves allow too much air to pass through in high winds and are better suited for limited exposure or milder temperatures.
If your intended use is for warmth, go with a tight weave for maximum protection.
I have no direct criticism of the linked scarf for asthetics. It's not my thing but to each his own.

Scrounger

Reaction score
I picked it up from J Crew. It's a densely-knit, substantial scarf that seems like it should be quite warm. I like the varied knit patterns, and the "deep royal" color from J. Crew I would call "purple". It's not scratchy but not as soft as merino or cashmere. It's over 6', long enough to fold in half and pull the ends through the loop, at least on my neck. I like it OK, but may return it anyway - not sure it's worth $70 and I've got a lotta scarves.

ssfilez

Reaction score
I do appreciate knitted scarves but this is way off my list. The color will definitely hurt one's eyes, the price will injure your wallet, and that particular item will forever kill your wardrobe. But if you insist on buying this one then please choose the flannel gray scarf.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 16 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 81 16.8%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 160 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 79 16.4%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 41 8.5%