• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What country makes the best beer?

mrpologuy

Reaction score
In your opinion, what country produces the best beer? I have tried over 300 beers from all around the world and have to say the United States. Our small handcrafted beers can't be beat. The microbreweries all over the country produce the best beers I have had, I had had beers from the USA, Canada, Mexico, England, Poland, Russia, Germany, France, Italy, Japan, Vietnam, Belgium, The Netherlands, China and Namibia to name a few. What country do you guys think is the best? I had a blueberry pancake ale from a microbrewery that sealed the United States for me.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 for USA because of our microbreweries. Without them, I'd drink a lot more wine. As a matter of fact, I'm having a brew by Middle Ages right now while watching the Georgia vs. Georgia Tech game.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Sure, Vietnam's up there...but not IRELAND???

Clearly you've never had one of these:

beer_33.jpg

I keed...I keed...
tounge.gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Still not working. Transload to imageshack, n00b...
mother@#!^(&@#
plain.gif
beer33uk2.jpg

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
mother@#!^(&@#
plain.gif

beer33uk2.jpg

Psst...

In no way does it stand up to "bia hoi", or draft beer sold on every street stands/hole-in-the-wall place in Vietnam for ~20 cent/a pitch. Oh how I miss home...

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrpologuy
Our small handcrafted beers can't be beat. The microbreweries all over the country produce the best beers I have had,

99.9% of microbrews taste like carbonated wet farts.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
oh, that is a ***** of a question - I'd say that it is a tie for first - beligium and germany, and a tie for second - UK and czech. but that said, beer consumed more than a few miles from where it is made sucks.

for a beer to enjoy by itself, most of the year - I'd say german, in the summer, belgium wheat. for a beer to enjoy right before dinner, maybe a british ale, and for a beer with food, a czech beer.

I think that you are right, in a way, about american beer- the best thing about america is its ability to bring different things together. a brew pub in germany will serve the one beer it has been making for the past 300 years, with the ocasional seasonal beer. in the us, you can have 12 different styles of beer at the same bar.

although, not to be a snob, I honestly believe that US beer pubs don't hit the mark with many of their beer types.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrpologuy
I had a blueberry pancake ale from a microbrewery that sealed the United States for me.

Is your favorite champagne made in Italy and called Asti Spumante?

Histrion

Reaction score
My favourites come from Belgium. Canada has some nice microbreweries too but I'm sure they'd be my number two either...

Spencer Young

Reaction score
Belgium, hands down. I want to quit my job and become a Trappist monk. USA does do well with the sheer variety and experimentation, there is no single "American style" beer in my opinion (Miller/AB don't count as beer in this discussion).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads