• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

what constitutes sprezzatura? (a serious inquiry)

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2008
Messages
2,597
Reaction score
3
could a wrinkly shirt? and by wrinkly, i mean it was air dried and tossed in the dryer on that no heat tossing setting.

im thinking more patterned since the wrinkles would be less prominent but then would it really be sprezz if i tried to hide the fact that there are wrinkles? maybe moreso sprezz???? please halpQ
 

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
1,200
Reaction score
5
If you have to think about it that much, it ain't sprezz.
 

Made in California

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2010
Messages
880
Reaction score
15
Lol, I'm assuming OP was drunk when he posted.
 

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
26,133
Reaction score
1,644
Originally Posted by Kentishman
If you have to think about it that much, it ain't sprezz.

They don't get it...

Spezz is about about having a personal casual approach to conservative clothing...

Search Gianni Agnelli ...
 

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
3,673
Reaction score
8
Sprezz is just Italian for dressing stupidly, like wearing a watch on the exterior of your shirtcuff, or pairing orange rubber shoes with a brown suit. It is unfortunately indirectly responsible for all the doofuses wearing anal beads on their wrists and neon green socks with business attire that you see in WAYWRN.

FWIW no one can tell your shirt is wrinkled when you wear a jacket, and even less so when you wear a tie.
 

voxsartoria

Goon member
Joined
Jan 18, 2007
Messages
25,756
Reaction score
155
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.


- B
 

George

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2008
Messages
2,832
Reaction score
12
a >25,000 post count on StyleForvm.
 

well-kept

Senior Member
Joined
May 30, 2006
Messages
905
Reaction score
37
A serious question deserves a serious answer.

I think a good example is John Lennon. Recall any photo of him you've ever seen. Wearing a white three-piece suit or a t-shirt he always looked at home in his clothes and comfortable in his body. It's a gift that may not be attainable, though, unless we're born with it.
 

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2010
Messages
2,215
Reaction score
53
Originally Posted by well-kept
A serious question deserves a serious answer.

I think a good example is John Lennon. Recall any photo of him you've ever seen. Wearing a white three-piece suit or a t-shirt he always looked at home in his clothes and comfortable in his body. It's a gift that may not be attainable, though, unless we're born with it.


Have to disagree. Spezz or Sprezz (or Spooge as I call it) does not equal rock star
 

Ianiceman

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
2,651
Reaction score
485
Originally Posted by holymadness
Sprezz is just Italian for dressing stupidly, like wearing a watch on the exterior of your shirtcuff, or pairing orange rubber shoes with a brown suit. It is unfortunately indirectly responsible for all the doofuses wearing anal beads on their wrists and neon green socks with business attire that you see in WAYWRN. FWIW no one can tell your shirt is wrinkled when you wear a jacket, and even less so when you wear a tie.
I salute you sir. An excellent summary with which I fully concur. I usually try to reply to the post, not the poster, but on the strength of this post I will be looking out for further pearls of wisdom from you. Please keep it up, the board needs more common sense of this ilk among the deluded circle jerks.
 

well-kept

Senior Member
Joined
May 30, 2006
Messages
905
Reaction score
37
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
Have to disagree. Spezz or Sprezz (or Spooge as I call it) does not equal rock star

Agreed, and I wouldn't call Lennon a rock star. He was an enormous force in the culture at a pivotal moment of the 20th Century, an advocate for peace, a poet. I mean we're not talking about David Lee Roth...
 

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 15 3.0%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 84 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 161 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 80 16.3%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 42 8.5%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 31 6.3%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 18 3.7%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 10 2.0%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 13 2.6%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 4 0.8%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 4 0.8%
  • 100+

    Votes: 30 6.1%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
427,600
Messages
9,201,535
Members
193,213
Latest member
poeboty

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top