What compliments did you recieve today?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Lel, Jul 7, 2009.

1. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

^richard is so complimentary[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Oh goodness.

3. pcl

pcl Well-Known Member

Good God .... the number of narcissistic navel gazing threads on this forum recently .... how old are you people? how much time do you spend in front of a mirror everyday admiring yourself and woe be the world that just isn't sophisticated enough to understand?

4. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i love when noobs join to shit on the very tenets and norms of sf. oh wait, i did that on sz...nevermind.

5. Davidko19

Davidko19 Senior member

- a lady at work not much older than me said I was the best Friday dresser in the office (meaning, causal fridays - I rule)

-The usual "you look sharp" when I dress up for a wedding or party or something like that.

- Most recently the last 2 times i went to a club Ive had girls unbutton my shirt all the way. That was an...odd compliment. Felt like a guido, but kinda like a pimp.

- This one chick I used to run around with said she knew she liked me cause I could pull off white linen pants and still seem manly.

I get the occasional compliment, but no one article does it consistently. I dont go way out on a limb with outfits, but I know people notice when you dress slightly better than the norm cause I do that but never compliment them - I should probably start though

6. Robert

Robert Senior member

Good God .... the number of narcissistic navel gazing threads on this forum recently .... how old are you people?

Rather not say.

how much time do you spend in front of a mirror everyday admiring yourself?

Depends on how good I look, but I'd say an average of an hour each day.

and woe be the world that just isn't sophisticated enough to understand?

Sorry, I don't get the question.

7. unjung

unjung Senior member

Had a lawyer at a Stampede party compliment an old H&M shirt I was wearing last week... but it did have subtle floral pattern stitching over candy stripes so looked kinda cowboy-ish. He was wearing a B&R watch though so I was pleased enough.

I started going to a suburban gym and if I ever go in after work in my suit the counter girls get all excited. The gym is near a community college so I don't think they see too many suits compared to the downtown locations.

8. Kris

Kris Senior member

Women tend to compliment me on my large penis and fit body. I guess my looks are average.

9. JaPo

JaPo Senior member

Women's clothing is all about flattering their bodies, hiding away imperfections, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if, naked, she didn't end up looking so great.
    In reference to THIS. So, with this thread, ol' Lel has truly ratified the fact he's a homosexual 13 year-old virgin. Although, to be fair, it does feel good to be complimented on your appearance.

10. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

If I'm wearing more MC-related stuff (not necessarily suits, but more phatguidoesque style), people who don't know me well often ask where I'm going, on the assumption that I'm dressed up for something. Compliments (or negative comments) on what I happen to be wearing on a given day don't happen that often, a lot of people just don't pay much attention to clothes unless it's really far out there. So, B.son stuff or generic man snakeskin patent shoes get comments, W+H, Rag&Bone and NiCo don't. If wearing normal streetwear I occasionally get a compliment on a particular article of clothing (usually outerwear or shoes). The best compliment is when someone has an overall sense that I generally look good in what I wear without specific commentary on specific outfits. The SZ thread is funny as hell. "I'm shocked that people look at me funny in the mall! All I was wearing was a hoodie and black jeans!" [​IMG] Nothing against the fit itself, but the problem is context... These people see someone like that Christian guy post and go, "wow, he really does well with that style, I'm going to try something similar"... missing the point that they are not in a major urban epicentre of fashion, but in Ohio. This is the oft overlooked problem with directing people to the WAYWT to get a sense of what they might like to wear. It is more of a problem there than here. SF uniform is less contrary to plebian sensibilities.

11. Robert

Robert Senior member

Women tend to compliment me on my large penis and fit body. I guess my looks are average.

Ha, yeah, chicks dig me because I don't wear any underwear, and when I do, it's something unusual. But now I know why I'm always losing chicks to guys like you guys. It's not just what you wear, it's the stories you tell!

12. phildo

phildo Senior member

I get the most compliments on my glasses and boots. Almost never get compliments on my raw denimz, which are the most expensive part of my wardrobe [​IMG]

13. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

A majority of the compliments I get are based on shoes and watches. Have gotten many for my common projects, quoddys, and aldens, respectively. I guess it is true what they say about shoes being the first thing that a women notices.
    -Got two today in fact from random girls just for my cheap quartz Mondaine watch that I recently put on a Time Factors "Bond Stripe"(grey/black) nato band.

14. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

people usually like my shoes

15. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

[​IMG]

this is an awesome look

i usually get complimented on my tshirts for some reason i dont know why as they are all just some average graphic tees.
    i get complimented on my hair as well usually on my bad hair days . never when i do it right i think. i get alot of looks at my jeans but never verbal compliments.