1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What colour trousers with these shoes?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Fatgigi, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Fatgigi

Fatgigi New Member

Hey fellas, I have just bought my first pair of brown/tan shoes and I am not used to seeing them on myself and I was wondering which colour pants would you think were a nice match...

Here are the shoes.

[​IMG]

I am thinking navy trousers? Beige as well?

Thank you.

2. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Just bought them? Well just you return them right away. It is either that or start wearing elephant pants to cover as much of these shoes as possible. Please provide details on these so no one else buys a pair. I am sorry but sometimes we have to be cruel to be kind. Return them, and tell us your location and what your budget is and we will help you find something far better.
    Welcome to Styleforum.

3. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member

:happy:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  4. Macallan

Macallan Senior member

Shoes - not for me

Assuming you keep the shoes - med grey, charcoal, med and dark brown, you could wear navy, they may be too dark for beige unless you avoid light beige, darkest khaki shades,

5. GBR

GBR Senior member

Shoes should be bought to go with items already in your wardrobe, NOT the other way round, that is just plain stupidity.

6. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

Olive pants might be compatible, too.

To narrow down the color list above: If very tall, usually moderate contrast between shoe and pants colors is best. If the opposite, then more similarity generally is better.

7. chogall

chogall Senior member

Return them; they are not good looking or have good construction.

Otherwise stick with mid and lighter shades of gray or all brown color pants in non-worsted wool fabrics. Twill cotton khakis, corduroys and jeans work fine as well.

8. Ivar

Ivar Senior member

I find that tan color hopeless to work with, but as pointed out, the design is the worse problem here.