• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What colour pants/trousers will match these shoes well?

ivanz

Reaction score
Hi there,

I had an impulsive buy this weekend without thinking too much and got a pair of Bottega Venetta shoes (they are super comfortable and look fantastic). However now I am scratching my head what to combine them with because indoors they looked dark brown but under more light they are lighter brown chocolate-ish. Photo below.

My thoughts so far are - beige and maybe blue jeans (darker blue - not light blue). Any other suggestions? Also what belt should I go for if I am aiming for smart causal?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

hugeevilrobot

Reaction score
Honestly, chocolate suede like that is one of the most versatile color/material combinations out there. Unfortunately, the unfinished sole makes it distinctly casual. I think they'd go with pretty much any non-dress pants other than pastels or (gasp) black.

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn near anything color-wise will go with those besides black. Those look a bit more on the formal side though, so the only jeans I'd consider would be a very crisp indigo.

jamesny

Reaction score
The unfinished sole I think is what makes it distinct. That said, it would look better in casual wear.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most things - a versatile colour.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 58 17.8%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 109 33.5%
  • 8”

Votes: 96 29.5%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 11.1%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%