• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What colour bag to wear with a light grey suit?

francisl

Reaction score
As the question says, with a light grey suit what colour bag should be worn with a light grey suit?

Or will you say to lose the bag and get a briefcase?

pkiula

Reaction score
Not sure I understand what you mean by bag vs briefcase. With a formal gray suit, I'd stick with a suitcase. With a gray jacket I'd consider a more casual messenger bag.

Browns, specially tans, go very well with grays in my book

mogultv

Reaction score
Originally Posted by francisl
As the question says, with a light grey suit what colour bag should be worn with a light grey suit?

Or will you say to lose the bag and get a briefcase?

I say lose the bag.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let the bag colour play off the shoe colour. Go for complimentary or contrasting over matching.
Light grey is a neutral zone so almost anything will work.
Explore textures as well as colours for the bag or briefcase.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.