• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What colors to wear with these shoes?

woodywoodford

Reaction score
So I bought some shoes a while back that are the same color as AE's "Grey Cloud" (see pic). I really like the shoes, but can't find anything I like to wear them with. I just don't feel like there's enough contrast between the shoes and my pants when I'm wearing my grey or blue suits (which is 90% of my wardrobe). So what colors would go best with them? Or am I overthinking it and the shoes can be the same color as my clothes?

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That depends on leg length and proportions. A very tall man probably wouldn't look good with shoes and pants in the same shade. Another issue here is that the photograph might be washed-out.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Do you only like the style/fit of them? Since you're having trouble working them into your current wardrobe, maybe you could either return them or sell them? Grey is a difficult shoe color to work with and it's silly to buy a bunch of clothes to only work with these rather than cut your losses and look for something more versatile.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grey is a very rare shoe color. I don't know how I could make them work with my wardrobe. Maybe try use them in place of black shoes.

NickInTO

Reaction score
I bought a similar pair of shoes because they were heavily discounted and I thought I could make them work with a navy suit/trousers. I couldn't, but I like to wear them casually at night with black jeans.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you buy them because the black Park Aves were too expensive? Return if you can, sell otherwise.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 60 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 115 33.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 104 30.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.4%
  • 9”

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.0%