1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What color's pants should this t-shirt be worn with?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sameev29, Aug 12, 2012.

1. sameev29

sameev29 Member

Hi,this is my first post here.I am male,20 years old.

I have attached 2 pictures with this post.Image 1 is of higher quality than image 2.Strange thing in the picture is that the violet color looking stripes are actually maroon color in real.In picture they look different.

Is it okay to wear this t-shirt with dark blue jeans or light blue jeans or normal(faded in front) blue jeans?Will it have clashes with colors or look bad?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

That's an interesting shirt, probably not in a good way. (A prominent logo and more than 3 clearly different colors in one item tend to be problems.)

If chinos/khakis or corduroys, dark brown would be best, to serve as a background. Not an unusual color (for pants) such as white or maroon and not olive, which would be too much green.
    If jeans, medium blue would be best, followed by dark blue (rather formal compared to the shirt). Light blue might fight with the shirt for attention.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  3. TM79

TM79 Senior member

If you're fine leaving the house with that then the pants should be the least of your concerns.

1 person likes this.
  4. JunyaYamamoto

JunyaYamamoto Senior member

i dont think the shirt looks bad except for the logo embroidery. i would wear something neutral so as not to compete with the busy shirt.

out of curiosity, who makes it?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  5. Tropicalist

Tropicalist Senior member

Baggy balloon pants with flared bell bottoms, with zig zag pink and yellow pattern and large polka dots in orange would complement that t-shirt very well.

6. sameev29

sameev29 Member

Everyone I changed the previous t-shirt for this color.This the best color I could find.Others were blue and green and too shiny.What do you think,is this okay with any of the pants I told about earlier?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. SMatthews

SMatthews Well-Known Member

I'd say something in a lighter color: chinos or light blue jeans.

8. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

You do realize those aren't t-shirts?

9. JunyaYamamoto

10. Tropicalist

Tropicalist Senior member

the problem my friend is your choice of polos - not the trousers. No trousers could possibly make even your second choice look good. if you want to dress like an adult, get these in a solid block color - either while, light blue or pink for the day or navy, black or red for the night. Then pair it with chinos or mid-gray trousers in the day and jeans in the night. The horizontal stripes and the multitude of colours is just not attractive.

11. JunyaYamamoto

12. sameev29

sameev29 Member

Quote:How is that? And the collar won't be like this when it is worn.It has to folded,than it looks nice.I think light blue jeans is okay with this.

13. JunyaYamamoto

that style is called a polo shirt. a t-shirt doesnt have a collar.

14. sameev29

sameev29 Member

Quote:Yes I know that.But we can say it in quick talk sometimes.

15. HughJ

HughJ Senior member

We?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

I'm assuming English is not your first language. But either way as a bit of friendly advice, retire those shirts permanently.

17. cnyman

cnyman Active Member

It's just a polo shirt, you pretty much pair it with your favorite jeans.

18. Gorecki

Gorecki Well-Known Member

God forbbid... that shirt has logos LOGOS man.... did you not read the tutorial where it is extremely tacky to present anything with logos in SF and SUFU?

Now go back to the store and change that for a 600 $ imitation of a plain white army t-shirt with a inner label of a obscure Belgian designer...

1 person likes this.
  19. NefariousSabatour

NefariousSabatour Senior member

20. GBR

GBR Senior member

If you are happy to wear anything from TK Max then you will be happy to wear this and the jeans matter not. If not burn it.