• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What color strap with my new Archimede Pilot Watch?

deaddog

Reaction score
I plan on wearing this primarily with casual clothes. I already have a rolex on a stainless bracelet and a nomos on black leather. Do you like black, light brown, or dark brown? Which is most versatile? Least versatile?

Thanks

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with any of those but if I had to choose I would say DB is the most versatile particularly if the Nomos is on a black strap. You should go with the colour you like best. Straps can be changed.

What kind of Nomos?

deaddog

Reaction score
Thanks. The Nomos is a Tangente - manual, no date. I'm no expert but I think its a fantastic watch for a great price - it looks and feels great and gets tons of compliments. Its on the small side (as is my Rolex) but I have small wrists (7") and in any event I'm not a fan of the huge watch look. And the strap is Horween and feels great. As you can tell, I'm a big fan of Nomos

ultramantaro

Reaction score
I have the Tangente Datum and because of its thin bezel look, the dial makes the watch looks deceivingly big (comparable to many 40 - 41 mm cases). I believe w/o the date you lose 2 mm or so (35.5) which is noticeable when compared side by side, but not so when you wear it.

As in probably all general cases, the white dial/black strap will make any watch look more formal. Light brown will always make it casual and go better with jeans and a t-shirt. Dark brown is a good compromise, imho

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics