What color strap with my new Archimede Pilot Watch?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by deaddog, Nov 26, 2012.

1. deaddog

deaddog Senior member

I plan on wearing this primarily with casual clothes. I already have a rolex on a stainless bracelet and a nomos on black leather. Do you like black, light brown, or dark brown? Which is most versatile? Least versatile?

Thanks

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Cant kill da Rooster

Cant kill da Rooster Senior member

You can't go wrong with any of those but if I had to choose I would say DB is the most versatile particularly if the Nomos is on a black strap. You should go with the colour you like best. Straps can be changed.

What kind of Nomos?

3. deaddog

deaddog Senior member

Thanks. The Nomos is a Tangente - manual, no date. I'm no expert but I think its a fantastic watch for a great price - it looks and feels great and gets tons of compliments. Its on the small side (as is my Rolex) but I have small wrists (7") and in any event I'm not a fan of the huge watch look. And the strap is Horween and feels great. As you can tell, I'm a big fan of Nomos

4. ultramantaro

ultramantaro Senior member

I have the Tangente Datum and because of its thin bezel look, the dial makes the watch looks deceivingly big (comparable to many 40 - 41 mm cases). I believe w/o the date you lose 2 mm or so (35.5) which is noticeable when compared side by side, but not so when you wear it.

As in probably all general cases, the white dial/black strap will make any watch look more formal. Light brown will always make it casual and go better with jeans and a t-shirt. Dark brown is a good compromise, imho