• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What color socks would work?

C3PLOS

Reaction score
I've got a wedding coming up and got a suit made: black with burgundy pinstripes. The tie and pocket square will be a burnt orange paisley (can you guess our wedding colors?). The shoes are black (with a paisley suede pattern).

The last piece missing is the color of socks to go with this. A dark orange? Black with broader burgundy stripes? Something else altogether?

-C

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by C3PLOS
I've got a wedding coming up and got a suit made: black with burgundy pinstripes. The tie and pocket square will be a burnt orange paisley (can you guess our wedding colors?). The shoes are black (with a paisley suede pattern).

The last piece missing is the color of socks to go with this. A dark orange? Black with broader burgundy stripes? Something else altogether?
-C

yes..black!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aldehyde
Paisley suede shoes?

Pix please.

Goes w/o saying!!

Bandit44

Reaction score
Scarlet red socks would pair perfectly with the shoes.

Newcomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandit44
Scarlet red socks would pair perfectly with the shoes.

I think fire would pair even better with them.

Aldehyde

Reaction score
I know you didn't ask, but perhaps you should consider a more classically styled shoe. If nothing else, just to avoid having to claim "It was in style at the time" 30 years from now. I'm sure that is the constant refrain of this lovely couple.
But either way, congratulations on the engagement. I'm sure you'll have a fabulous and fun wedding. Best of luck.

C3PLOS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aldehyde
I know you didn't ask, but perhaps you should consider a more classically styled shoe.

If nothing else, just to avoid having to claim "It was in style at the time" 30 years from now.

I'm sure that is the constant refrain of this lovely couple.

But either way, congratulations on the engagement. I'm sure you'll have a fabulous and fun wedding. Best of luck.

Nope, that's totally fine! I've been into the '60s Mod thing for about 20 years now so I'm used to being 40 years out-of-style!
Most of the attendeees will probably be in the same camp.

And I'm liking the idea of 'fire'-colored socks...

-C

Dewi

Reaction score
And I'm liking the idea of 'fire'-colored socks...

He wasn't talking about fire coloured socks...

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your kids already think you're lame. Get the flame socks. Congratulations and best wishes to you both.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the sock suggestions and I think I will keep them black with a possible pindot pattern.

And the shoes... I was surprised that they looked better in person! They're not quite a paisley patter, but that's the closest description I came up with.

Are you really Prince??

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.