1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

what color shoes, what color suit (wedding) ?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by senocs, Jun 4, 2012.

1. senocs

senocs Active Member

So I was advised that solid Black was a good colour to get for a suit (for the bridegroom). What do you guys think ?

Also, what colour of dress shoes to match the black suit ? I was thinking dark brown could work since I have this very lovely pair of dark brown wingtips. But I just wanted to get some advice here.

Thanks.

2. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

no.

3. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

:brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick:

4. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

Read the guides!

5. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

Don't wear a black suit unless you are going to a funeral. Though no longer relevant to your situation, don't wear brown shoes with a black suit. Your wedding day is no time to make compromises just because you happen to have a pair of brown wingtips.

If you are having your wedding at night, you can go black tie (http://blacktieguide.com for more information) for you and possibly the groomsmen. For a daytime wedding, a conservative dark suit in charcoal or navy would work. You could even do a formal morning suit if you are in the UK, or just because you feel like doing it.