1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What color shirt to wear with light grey pinstripe suit??(Need URGENT help)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by johnnycena, Jun 11, 2010.

1. johnnycena

johnnycena New Member

I'm wondering if a light Grey pinstripe suit will be suitable to wear to a wedding?

If so what color shirt and tie should i wear with it? Can you wear a dark blue shirt with it or does it have to be lighter?

Finally will white dress shoes be suitable with the grey suit?

I really need help with this and any help would be appreciated. Thank Alot.

2. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

I'm wondering if a light Grey suit will be suitable for a wedding?

If so what color shirt and tie should i wear with it? Can you wear a dark blue shirt with it?

WTFWTFWTF!

3. Jay Gatsby

Jay Gatsby Senior member

I've decided not to answer your question because I'm pretty sure that your nickname is a pro wrestling reference.

4. johnnycena

johnnycena New Member

sorry guys i usually go with the typical black suits for functions like this. So i wanted to try something new so please do give me your opinion on what to wear with the grey suit.

5. Archivist

Archivist Senior member

Grey pinstripe is fine, white or pink shirt. Black shoes.

6. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

I'm wondering if a light Grey pinstripe suit will be suitable to wear to a wedding?

If so what color shirt and tie should i wear with it? Can you wear a dark blue shirt with it or does it have to be lighter?

Pin-striped suits are usually associated with business, so would not be a good choice for a wedding, though anything would be better than a black suit.

Dark shirts rarely look very good, though obviously it depends how dark this blue shirt is. A light shirt would be better.

White shoes can look great with the right outfit; but not with a suit and certainly not with a pin-striped one.

7. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

White french cuffed shirt, solid navy tie.

Black shoes are the only appropriate color for this, however i thnk dark brown would be acceptable.

8. westinghouse

westinghouse Senior member

Lavender shirt works best.

9. amplifiedheat

amplifiedheat Senior member

I called 911 with your urgent question, and the responder said that a white shirt and black shoes are preferable for weddings.

10. johnnycena

johnnycena New Member

If i wear a pink shirt with the grey suit with a white tie and white belt would that allow me to wear white shoes?

11. Millerp

Millerp Senior member

If i wear a pink shirt with the grey suit with a white tie and white belt would that allow me to wear white shoes?
    You don't say where you are from. Such an outfit would not be anywhere near the norm in North America and is borderline ludicrous. If you are in a third world and possibly tropical country, you might be able to get away with it.

12. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

A light gray pinstripe suit should be just fine. As Sanguis Mortuum mentioned, pinstripes are somewhat businessy, but your choice is a lot better than a black suit.

White or pink should be good colors for your shirt. (Not bright pink, of course!) I'd suggest that you keep it simple--no stripes or any other patterns. Since you're unaccustomed to wearing suits, you're likely to go wrong in the mixing of patterns if you get adventurous.

Your tie should be darker than your shirt. People unaccustomed to wearing ties almost always gravitate to dark shirts with light ties. (I did that at first too.) I don't know why that is, but it really is a bad look. A navy tie will work very well, whether you wear a pink shirt or a white one.

Black shoes and black belt. There's nothing wrong with white shoes per se, but they would be completely wrong with this ensemble. A white belt would be even worse.

13. singlechange

singlechange Senior member

Outdoors during the day....select lighter colors of your choice.
    Evening ceremony...you can go dark or light colors.

14. Larson McCord

Larson McCord Senior member

WHY do you want to wear white shoes? Are you Cousin Eddie?

15. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

You don't say where you are from.

Such an outfit would not be anywhere near the norm in North America
    and is borderline ludicrous.

If you are in a third world and possibly tropical country, you might be
    able to get away with it

is this a joke or ignorance on display? i pray its the former ...

16. Matt S

Matt S Senior member

A pink shirt would work, as would white or pale blue. White ties and white belts never look. White shoes are for casual wear, not a suit. Wear a black belt and black shoes, or brown belts and shoes if you want to look more casual. The tie should be darker than your shirt.

17. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone

If you are in a third world and possibly tropical country, you might be able to get away with it.
    Or if the OP is a televangelist.

18. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Senior member

A couple things. If a guys is asking a question like this I doubt he cares about the prohibition on black suits that nobody but SF follows. A black suit is the norm at most functions I go to. Grey pinstripes is more businessy, but again, nobody will care unless you post in what are you wearing today. Now, when the OP says white dress shoes, I doubt they are dress shoes like most on this forum think of, just in white. I am willing to bet they are an Aldo special loafer in white. So, I say where what suit you want, but white shoes do look silly (rules aside) unless you are Cousine Eddie (well they still look bad then).

19. vincerich

vincerich Senior member

I'd suggest a lavender or light blue shirt with complementary tie and black shoes.

20. MarionLIII

MarionLIII New Member

Put on a combination.... if it dosent look good dont wear it, and if you dont have an eye for these things stick with navy and white