What color shirt to wear with brown blazer?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by phatty123, Jul 18, 2007.

1. phatty123

phatty123 Senior member

Okay you probably saw my thread on the brown plaid banana republic blazer. What color dress/casual shirt looks best with it? I was wearing a light blue one and trying it out but i think something like light blue isn't going to work. I know to stay away from black because brown and black don't match. White looks sort of plain on me so what color would you recommend?

Thanks.

2. Bergdorf Goodwill

Bergdorf Goodwill Senior member

White/blue/pink/maybe lavender/ecru/etc. Maybe try to pick up a hint of color from the plaid in your shirt, tie, square, whatever. Easy does it.

3. Jared

Jared Senior member

Ok Horseshack, this is your second to last thread on here. Make the next one a good one.
    Is this one good?

4. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Senior member

Is this one good?
    This guy's gonna leave SF having posted almost 200 over 4 months, having built only one outfit consisting of a $350 J. Crew sportscoat, a light blue shirt (that's my rec) and KC shoes. Without us, how will he ever know what kind of bottoms to wear?! He'll be walking around pantsless. (Reminds me of when Homer makes it to the top of the mountain to see the guru with Apu, is granted 3 questions and proceeds to ask "really?" three times in a row.) That's a pretty sad single outfit to have to show for his time at SF. Still, he'll look pretty "average" for a 13 year old; mission accomplished I guess.

5. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

try one of these colors. they will work unless you are an idiot

white cream red blue black brown plaid purple lavender yellow ochre sand khaki green orange peach sunset periwinkle herringbone seafoam olive sky powder gray charcoal stripes solids windowpane dots spots squares paisley

PS we are still waiting for your pic phatty

6. josepidal

josepidal Senior member

Brown is for farmer.

7. lakewolf

lakewolf Senior member

Is kind of surprising the ammount of ungentlemanly behaviour in a "gentlemen" forum [​IMG]