• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What color shirt and handkerchief would go with a yellow blazer?

nickname

Reaction score
I just bought a bright yellow blazer wich came with a light bricky red/orange handkerchief. I was thinking about wearing it with white pants but i'm not sure about the shirt/handkerchief combination. Maby a dark purple shirt with what handkerchief? Or a black shirt? I need suggestions preferably with pictures and also if I should go with black or brown shoes. Thankis

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please post photos of you wearing the jacket. You may crop your head if privacy is a concern.
Welcome to Styleforum.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's quite a bold color for a jacket. Perhaps something more subdued for a shirt -- basic white or a light blue would probably be fine.

I agree, a photo might help us determine the actual color and how you would attempt to wear it.

nickname

Reaction score
Here's a photo to help things out. The hankie came with the blazer but i'm not sure if it goes well with a black shirt. I like the black shirt combination and I must say that I'm gonna wear this outfit at a night party. So is ok the black shirt? Should I get a different handkerchief?

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks to be at least a size too small.

nickname

Reaction score
The next size was too large.. so this one looked better of the 2. Anyway any answers to my question?

nickname

Reaction score
Quote: Maby you can tell me what is wrong with it. I agree that is not the perfect size but other than that?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maby you can tell me what is wrong with it. I agree that is not the perfect size but other than that?

well, in short, you don't want to end up looking like this:

In general, the whole ensemble you have looks garish, in that you are going out of your way to wear pieces that are designed to simply attract attention in the douchey sort of "hey, look at my yellow jacket and white pants!" kind of way. But if that's what you're going for, I'm sure you will get noticed and people will compliment you on your interesting style.

nickname

Reaction score
Well as I said I'm gonna wear it to a night club party, I have no intention on wearing this outfit on the street in daytime maby as someone said with a light toned shirt....But in the previous case, would it be better with dark blue pants?

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The outfit is beyond saving no matter what color pants you wear IMHO, and wearing it to a night club doesn't make the ensemble any better. It sounds like you are wearing it to attract attention, so I guess just stick with the white pants.

Just to help you out before you are beaten senseless by some other forvmites that happen to see your picture - this Forum is geared towards clasically tailored men's clothing, of which you have none in your picture. Maybe try the Streetwear & Denim sub-forum? Although I'm guessing they won't take it any easier on you. Best of luck.

rick07

Reaction score
Choose brighter colors in the same color familyt o go with your yellow suit

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member