1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What color(s) blazer?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by fonsh, Aug 26, 2006.

1. fonsh

fonsh Member

Hi, everybody! I'm about halfway through reading all previous posts & picking up some helpful info. Could use some advice on one perplexing issue. While my dress is 99.9% casual these days, I do have a few things for "sprucing up" (to a point). Don't own a suit/never will...so I suppose 'dress-casual' best describes the only look I'll achieve in the civility dept. To the point, I have a couple nice (to me) 'barely there' cream colored dress shirts with a couple nice looking ties to hang on 'em (one gold w/a touch of blue - the other, brown with small dot pattern). I really like the look of these (welcome change from white). Presumably, they (along with a 3rd shirt which is more of a true ecru/off-white) are best worn with brown trousers (any other options?). Here's where I'm lost - what color(s)/shade blazer would present a decent appearance? TIA for your input.

Don

2. Aureus

Aureus Senior Member

In regards to slacks, look in blue and grey, they can work nicely with most shirt colors.

In regards to a blazer/sportscoat. Start with Navy and then expand. I've got a Blazer in Navy and in Brown.

3. javyn

javyn Stylish Dinosaur

I like dark green or olive. I'm still looking around for one in my size (36S)

4. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Distinguished Member

Navy or blue blazer with a white shirt, charcoal or tan pants, brown shoes.

5. JLibourel

JLibourel Distinguished Member

In the first place, I don't know why you state you "never will" own a suit. There are certain occasions--weddings, funerals, job interviews, etc.--when nothing else is nearly as appropriate as a good dark suit. I think every man (at least one who is gainfully employed) should have at least one such suit and a couple of sport coats,

As for blazers, the classic color is obviously blue. There are those--and these include men whose opinions I generally respect highly--who will tell you that blue is the only appropriate color for a true blazer. However, I have a green blazer that I commissioned recently that I am very fond of.