• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What color pants should I wear with this jacket

larrywright

Reaction score
My sister is getting married next month. I picked up this jacket to wear, but I'm having trouble figuring out what color pants to wear with it. The jacket is sort of a charcoal, with some green and blue. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mr Martini

Reaction score
You arent going to wear a suit to your own sisters wedding?
confused.gif

larrywright

Reaction score
I have very few occasions to wear a suit, and she said it wasn't necessary. I figured I could wear a darker colored jacket and pants and still be somewhat formal.

MartiniGirl

Reaction score
You could wear a light gray pair. Would look dapper! Also, There's a MRMartini?! Hahaha!

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You could wear a light gray pair. Would look dapper!

Light grey pants with this jacket and he'll look like a battleship.
Wear navy pants and black shoes with this jacket. Better to look like a security guard than a battleship.

Last edited:

MartiniGirl

Reaction score
Light grey pants with this jacket and he'll look like a battleship.
Wear navy pants and black shoes with this jacket. Better to look like a security guard than a battleship.

Point! His sister said she doesn't care about what he wears. So Battleship or Security Guard? Otherwise, show up naked! ... Wearing argyle knee high socks and a blazer that is too small. That'll teach your sister to say she doesn't care! hahaha!

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Point! His sister said she doesn't care about what he wears. So Battleship or Security Guard? Otherwise, show up naked! ... Wearing argyle knee high socks and a blazer that is too small. That'll teach your sister to say she doesn't care! hahaha! 

:confused:

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Larry, please take a photo of your suits. Then take a photo of your shirts, shoes, socks, belts, ties and pocket squares. We'll match something for you.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whatever he does, I hope he doesn't wear black shorts and tan shoes with that jacket.
There was one member here who, once upon a time, tried such a combo.
Suffice it to say, his decision had, shall we say, consequences.

(Mr. Moo image courtesy of the immortal Mr. Sam)

Last edited:

MartiniGirl

Reaction score
^^ Might be a hassle though. Either do that or just put some pants on while wearing that jacket and take pictures. We'll choose from the photos. If you plan on wearing a tie (which you probably should), wear a tie in the photos as well. Maybe wear a green or blue tie to help bring out the green and blue in your jacket. Otherwise, what do you have that we could choose from?

MartiniGirl

Reaction score
Whatever he does, I hope he doesn't wear black shorts and tan shoes with that jacket.
There was one member here who, once upon a time, tried such a combo.
Suffice it to say, his decision had, shall we say, consequences.

(Mr. Moo image courtesy of the immortal Mr. Sam)

Hahaha! That's funny, MoL! But curiosity strikes.... What comes out of him when he's struck?

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am only a messenger. Mr. Moo & Mr. Sam get full credit for that photo. As to your question, it is never discussed openly. We try to respect his mystique.

Last edited:

ykurtz

Reaction score
Daytime, a cream or light tan pair of trousers. I would avoid wearing that as a SC at night.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You arent going to wear a suit to your own sisters wedding?
confused.gif
+1 She is being kind to you to avoid expense because she judges you cannot afford it but you should make the effort.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads