• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What color of socks should I wear for my wedding

Faskill

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I’m getting wed in 2 weeks in a cherry colored suit with cognac shoes (exactly the same suit and shoes similar to the picture below) and a camel colored tie.

1628060671463.jpeg

That being said, I don’t like wearing short socks like in the picture and I usually wear black socks that sit just below my calves.

I’m really struggling to find the right color for my socks though especially since I receive my suit only next week. I came with my regular black socks when I tried on the suit before adjustments and it was not stylish at all.
Could anyone help me find the right socks for my wedding?

Thanks a lot in advance!

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brown. This would probably never be my choice of outfit, but if that's the look you're going for, at least brown socks won't be in your face. The suit is already assuming that role, no need to add yet another item to compete with the suit for attention.
6aecc10e21648c0f2138f8fc0a93541b.jpg

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean this without intending to be insulting, but with as disjointed and all over the map as the outfit you’ve described, I don’t think it matters.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The “safe” choice is to wear socks similar in color to the trousers so that the leg is visually extended. I agree that this would not be my choice but dark red or maroon socks would work.

rjc149

Reaction score
Something dark, like navy blue socks or hunter green, would balance out the vividness of the cherry suit.

I agree that the suit is visually jarring enough for it not to matter much. Your suit is stealing the show.

pwbower

Reaction score
I want to know what the bride's wearing!

yorkshire pud

Reaction score
Something dark, like navy blue socks or hunter green, would balance out the vividness of the cherry suit.

I agree that the suit is visually jarring enough for it not to matter much. Your suit is stealing the show.
Navy socks, Navy Tie and pocket square with a Navy pattern might tone it down a bit!!!!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.