• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What color dial is best with a suit for work?

absolutoutlook

Reaction score
I am purchasing a new watch for work as real estate agent.

What color dial is apropriate if I usually wear a black suit to work.

Black or Silver dial?

Thank you in advance for everyone's help.

Schnurretiger

Reaction score
Diamonds - you want to look like you've already made a fortune.

I'd probably start with a black or a white one, getting different colors as time goes by.

m_wave

Reaction score
White perhaps look at getting a Brown strap and a black strap depending on shoes you are wearing

sammy

Reaction score
I'd be more concerned about wearing a black suit than the color of your dial. Ditch the black suit and opt for charcoal or navy. Then the dial really doesn't matter.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sammy
I'd be more concerned about wearing a black suit than the color of your dial. Ditch the black suit and opt for charcoal or navy. Then the dial really doesn't matter.

+1. The suit color is far more important than the color on the dial of your watch, and the black suit is bad. Unless you live in Asia.

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sammy

+2

Atlantic herring

Reaction score
If you where an ad man or something maybe a black suit would be appropriate, but as a real estate agent i would go with a charcoal or navy suit. I think one would appear so much trust worthy. As for the dial - an off white is always nice.

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree about black suits, but to answer your first question, I think silver or white is dressier (or cream), though a nice black face watch is a good second choice.

dizzhizz

Reaction score
definitely white or off-white would be clean but if you want to scream money just get some gold (pink)with brown gator straps!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.8%
  • 31 - 40