• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What college did you go/do you go to?

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cal State Fullerton

B.S. Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing.

I hated college. They sent me mail for some sort of alum association and donations before they sent me my physical degree after I graduated. I have a good career in marketing going for me now. I kind of wish they would invite me back to speak at some event so that I could say things that would ensure they would never invite me back again. That would feel amazing!

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vanderbilt/UMich....

Miss school from time to time....

juncopardner

Reaction score
George Mason University '14
How did you like GMU? I was '07. I found there were a few great professors and a lot of ****** ones. Got tired of Fairfax traffic towards the end but am glad I experienced Nova for a few years.

Kevin24

Reaction score
How did you like GMU? I was '07. I found there were a few great professors and a lot of ****** ones. Got tired of Fairfax traffic towards the end but am glad I experienced Nova for a few years.

I enjoyed GMU overall. I found the academics in my major(s) to be excellent. Also really enjoyed the internship opportunities GMU offered since it is fairly close to DC. Likewise, the same with many of the people who came to teach there as it brought alot of indivduals connected to the Washington scene.

On the downsides I agree with you on the traffic. Sadly that seems to be a fact of life anywhere in Northern Virginia now and days.

Another issue I had with GMU was the lack of social life on campus it has improved since I graduated but is still lacking.

Jw what did you major in Juncopardner?

Last edited:

phoni

Reaction score
University of Sheffield. Best Student Union when I was there, and still ranked number 1 in the UK.

Bloody amazing nightlife (Gatecrasher, NY Sushi, Bed); oh yeah, lecturers and courses were also OK.

horndog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I enjoyed GMU overall. I found the academics in my major(s) to be excellent. Also really enjoyed the internship opportunities GMU offered since it is fairly close to DC. Likewise, the same with many of the people who came to teach there as it brought alot of indivduals connected to the Washington scene.

On the downsides I agree with you on the traffic. Sadly that seems to be a fact of life anywhere in Northern Virginia now and days. 

Another issue I had with GMU was the lack of social life on campus it has improved since I graduated but is still lacking.

Jw what did you major in Juncopardner?

I'm at GMU for grad school (Data Analytics Engineering) and like it quite a bit. Just started this semester but the two professors in each of my classes actually work in the field and bring a lot of real world insight. Undergrad, I did mine at Villanova, was a different story.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads