• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What chino trousers goes with this blazer?

GodAtum

Reaction score
I have a navy blazer with brass buttons and brown Chelsea boots. What chino trousers would go with it: sand, navy, sky blue, charcol, grey, terracotta or mauve?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’d avoid any blue, navy or otherwise.

The rest are worth considering but it would be nice to see pics.

Chowkin

Reaction score
What Phileas said

Also, no matter which colour you end up choosing, don’t buy those M&S chinos.

paxonus

Reaction score
I would also avoid grey. Something about that color in a chino just doesn't look quite right, at least to my eye. If you are considering mauve, you should also look at nantucket red. Not sure about the boots either. Need to see a photo.

Panama

Reaction score
I like a Pecan to Honey color with Chinos.

Chowkin

Reaction score
So what other brand around the same price would you advise?

Nothing against M&S - it’s just that those chinos are too skinny. Go for their regular fit or if you really want something slimmer, the slim fit version. The skinny fit chinos don’t match the blazer

GodAtum

Reaction score
Nothing against M&S - it’s just that those chinos are too skinny. Go for their regular fit or if you really want something slimmer, the slim fit version. The skinny fit chinos don’t match the blazer

Interesting, I'm very slim anyway, so even the skinny chinos are loose on me.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you’re very skinny the question is do you want your clothes to accentuate that? Also there should be a balance between top and bottom. If your blazer is closer to a traditional fit then skinny trousers look discordant.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I'm very slim anyway, so even the skinny chinos are loose on me.

there are some who feel anything short of skin right is loose fitting. But I agree with @breakaway01, the outfit needs to be proportionate on top and bottom otherwise it’s disjointed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads