• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What casual pants to wear with Hermes ties?

hardtobeagod

Reaction score
So we have on one side some form of casual dress pants, and on the other side a very formal and dressy accessory: a tie by Hermès. How do we make an outfit comprised of these opposite style garments work?

Looking for pant styles to match to my Hermès ties in the more casual and the very summer/spring setting (no blazer/jacket) with interesting colors. Obviously I can wear very formal dress pants, but looking to expand my knowledge of casual dress pants of various colors besides black, grey, and navy blue that can go well with the more light colored Hermès tie colorways and designs etc. Perhaps bright colored pastel like pants for summer?

As of now, I am thinking of an outfit; a handmade white dress shirt worn alongside some sort of colored pants that are casual but also retain the formal aspect of clothing, and which will primarily match with the formality, and visually the colors and graphic design of the tie. For instance: a very basic white spread collar dress shirt from Kiton, a Hermès tie with predominately a yellow colorway, and then yellow pants that are at the threshold between the idea of very casual and very formal wear.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads