• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what case/cover should I get for my new macbook air?

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
title says it all - looking for just a bit of protection so the unit doesn't get destroyed - mostly protection from a toddler.

mrbrioni

Reaction score
I just got my air in the mail - ordered the 13" and 11" from Amazon and decided on keeping the 11" as my travel laptop and I use my Macbook Pro with Retina 15" as my "base" laptop.

Like you - I'm looking for a case/cover....here's what I found:

1. http://www.louisvuitton.com/front/#...oducts/Poche-Documents-DAMIER-GRAPHITE-N48247

2. http://www.louisvuitton.com/front/#...Bags/products/Poche-Documents-MONOGRAM-M53456

I narrowed it down to both of these cases, due to the fact that I'm 25 and I don't want a classic case to look like my dad when I travel or go to work. I know the logos aren't all that, I just thought they were cool. My close third was:

http://www.louisvuitton.com/front/#.../products/Porte-Documents-Voyage-NAXOS-M93152

I'm a sucker for navy but I can't bring myself to spend so much on this, even though I know it's timeless.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you looking for a laptop bag or a case that clips onto the laptop?

mrbrioni

Reaction score
FYI I am also looking into the bags/cases that "The Armoury" features by Cleamatis, Ro, and Porter Japan.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you post an image of what you linked? The link takes me to the following.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there anything remotely acceptable that can attach to the device as a fixed case? Again, this is mostly to prevent bumps and bruises from a toddler. I have a carry bag, but this will not be my primary use laptop - more so just general home use.

Last edited:

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know they make a snap case that looks okay for the regular sized laptops, not sure about the air though. Ill look.

The laptops hold up pretty well so I wouldn't be too paranoid.

If you're worried about scratches you can put an invisashield (or whatever the term is for the clear plastic) but I think it would look weird.

Is your child going to be using it regularly or are you scared they will get their hands on it somehow?

You could buy a shock collar for the kid and condition him to fear the laptop. :)

and personally I wouldn't buy any of the LV bags, they look ugly and then you become one of those.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads