• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What car would you get with $55k?

Hany

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
Or a Bentley Turbo R?
confused.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FIREM...item53ded7fd24

dave

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jbreen1
O yeaaa I forgot about the CTS-V coupe. I might just wait for that. It's going to be sick.

that'll be a helluva trick for 55k though. it'll be a 68k car when it arrives. mine'll be black.
cool.gif

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dave
that'll be a helluva trick for 55k though. it'll be a 68k car when it arrives. mine'll be black.
cool.gif

It's worth it for that car so I don't mind.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
O yeaaa I forgot about the CTS-V coupe. I might just wait for that. It's going to be sick.
I'm not a huge fan of Cadillacs but this is the only one I'd consider. Looks great and has a nice engine.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
i would just get a corolla for my next car. something that would just effiicently take me back and forth from work which is a whopping 30 miles away so in hopes that i stay at this work for awhile i want something that won't give me any headaches and just take me to work and back. i dont need any frills or anything like performance or anything like that , just good gas mileage, reliability, a radio, and air conditioning.
+1. I love the corolla. Its such a no-nonsense car but it kind of drives like a go-kart if you push it and you really don't care THAT much about door dings. But if I had to spend $55k, right now, I would probably get a Range Rover sport. Its a little over budget....either that or an E-class Mercedes, sedan.

Reaction score
You must provide more guidelines, there's are a ton of different factors to consider when making a decision. You have 55k to spend now, but do you have the money to continue maintaining a highend vehicle with high replacement part cost? Will this serve as a daily driver? need it to go 200k miles with ease? Do you need cargo/ppl capacity? need to tow?
I could go on and on, but cars are my obsession/lifestyle/hobby/moneypits. The older I get, the more factors I consider when purchasing a car. At the moment, I'm very into Japanese VIP tuning, I have a 2000 Infiniti Q45 AE I have been modifying. If it werent for losing a job, it would be on air and probably have a RB25(skyline engine) swap.
For example:
03-04 M45
2EER6332_Justin_Wu_infiniti_M35_vip_11.jpg

97-01 Q45
IMG_0505.jpg

93951799_c4lVD3kJ.jpg

mghjky.jpg

GL with your search and hope to see you answer back.

Sherlockian

Reaction score
^ And will cost a similar amount to put right, should anything go wrong with it.

I don't know how things are for you guys in the States, but any luxo-barge like a BMW 7, Merc E or S, and especially Jaguars, once older than about 6 years, drop to little more than the value of a similar age supermini (subcompact, or whatever you call something smaller than that). Once all that expensive technology starts throwing in the towel, the car just becomes a burden. I've heard of an Audi putting itself into "limp home" mode just because some tiny component in the sat-nav system went kablooey, and apparently it took several (£££) hours of fault-tracing to get to the root of it.

If budget is a strong concern - just wondering, due to the OP title - you may well be best going simple and for something with a good rep for reliability.

I'd still look at a Corvette though...it's the American dream (or at least the myth as seen by a Brit).

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What does everyone think of Cadillac? Particularly the STS.

Love the Caddies (looking to get one myself in the next year or two), but the STS is a little odd -- not that much bigger than the CTS and no longer available in a V-version?
eh.gif

rundatrack

Reaction score
c6 corvette.

Would buy a 2006 and then pocket the 25k

Best bang for the buck and great gas mileage. I get 30+ on the highway when cruising. And this isnt some edmunds report....I own one

Repair costs are very reasonable as well....I bought the extended warranty so my costs actually have been nill.

Example...brakes are 159 for fronts and can be done by any mouth breathing toothless wonder.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads