1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What car do you drive?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by cartisdm, Dec 23, 2010.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

The S65 is incredible, it will have collector's value someday. If that is not important, then drive the turd out of it, because it'll return that much as well. Incredible car, it's like the 600 Pullman or 500E of the noughts.

2. amstokesdb9

amstokesdb9 Senior member

Do you have Fiat or Alfa? Alfa is pretty good nowadays.

We're getting both over here...eventually

I saw a Lancia Fulvia Zagato over here about a year ago, very cool!

3. SpallaCamiccia

SpallaCamiccia Senior member

We're getting both over here...eventually

I saw a Lancia Fulvia Zagato over here about a year ago, very cool!

Yes I know it.

I loved grand am Pontiacs and we don't get here.

4. VaderDave

VaderDave Senior member

The 280 series cars (W108 chassis), all had the regular coil spring suspension.

The 300 series cars (W109 chassis), which is the same body style, had the air bag suspension.

Good to know. Thanks! I had read that the airbag suspensions were sort of a maintenance nightmare. I'd much rather have good old coil springs.

5. Jarandas

Jarandas Senior member

Yes I know it. I loved grand am Pontiacs and we don't get here.
    I don´t think Pontiac has the same status in the US as Alfa Romeo has (or had) in Europe...

6. moandi

moandi New Member

I drive a 1982 BMW 525i. It's my first car... I wanted something with character. I think I nailed it with this ride. There is some work that needs to be done to it, but it runs really well. I got a great deal on this car and I plan to get it looking the way it did when it was first built. I doubt I will ever sell this car..

7. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I drive a 1982 BMW 525i. It's my first car... I wanted something with character. I think I nailed it with this ride. There is some work that needs to be done to it, but it runs really well. I got a great deal on this car and I plan to get it looking the way it did when it was first built. I doubt I will ever sell this car..
    I love the E12. I hope you do get it all fixed up, get the Euro bumpers, get some black-centered 15" Alpinas and an ANSA muffler hanging out the middle in the back. I saw a silver one in absolute mint condition a few years ago like that, it was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. And paint it Malachite Green. [​IMG]

8. East2West

East2West Senior member

9. amstokesdb9

amstokesdb9 Senior member

I don´t think Pontiac has the same status in the US as Alfa Romeo has (or had) in Europe...

to me, Pontiac had kind of a weird status over here because while making all sorts of cars that have achieved cult status, they also put out many more awful and mediocre cars

10. SpallaCamiccia

SpallaCamiccia Senior member

to me, Pontiac had kind of a weird status over here because while making all sorts of cars that have achieved cult status, they also put out many more awful and mediocre cars

From my time in the USA , I know Pontiac is as the Hyundai coupe is to us, but I love Pontiac as car lover, also got some impressive and classical models in the 60s even familiar ones very agressive.

Ey what about Kitt , was not a pontiac? Or was a Chevy?[​IMG]

11. Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee Senior member

Yukon XL, all black, loaded, nice wheels. 6.2 ltr. V-8 (4th one). Kids are out of and in college, but I like having the room and the high view of the road, room for dogs, skis, and the odd furniture item my wife finds in out of the way places. Also suitable for transporting Cabinet members. Just moved wife out of her 3rd Volvo XC-70 AWD wagon into a Porsche Cayenne with really nice wheels. So, we might be taking her car a bit more...

12. Fred49

Fred49 Senior member

13. kraands

kraands Senior member

Currently have a 2004 Audi A4 and love it. Only thing I could see myself getting in replacement would be an A4 TDI (which I would have to import from Europe). [​IMG]

14. bmac11c

bmac11c Senior member

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab 5.9L Turbo Diesel!

15. xpress

xpress Senior member

One of my good friends called me over the weekend... Unfortunately when I got there, his '82 525i had blown an engine...

Don't forget the oil, gentlemen.

16. nicad2000

nicad2000 Senior member

Just leased an Infiniti M37 (silver on black)

17. emgee420

emgee420 Member

98 vw gti
    05 audi a4

18. Cedric

Cedric Senior member

19. Eponym

Eponym Well-Known Member

'07 VW Touareg.

20. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

My dad finally took dlivery of his White RS5 and Black A8L last week. Both amazing cars, but alas, its gonna be more than a few years until I can drive them!